A new beginning

(Sorry for my bad english)

Blood

Standing there, drenched in blood, clothes clinging as if it were another layer of skin holding on for its dear life. However, that was in the least of your worries, eyes dilated as you acknowledged what you'd done. Perhaps you'd overstepped your bounds. Who knows.

In one corner, you hold an old-fashioned ink pen drenched in the red liquid that dripped down it, smearing your palms, making it obvious of the culprit.

Your 'beloved' 'friend's now-lifeless body lay underneath you. The stench of iron and rain filled your nose as you cringed at the sight.

This wasn't your fault, you tried to convince yourself to believe. They deserved it. You weren't one to commit such act with no reason. Despite the fact that they were aware of your problems, they proceeded to taunt you. Their role was ment to be the comrade ; care for you, encourage you, but instead they did the opposite. They can no longer make you feel like in a hellhole of words that stung your heart. They can no longer do anything to harm you.

It felt free now. Everything that was then seen as impossible, was now open to you. Not that you'd take the chance to do anything, though.

Kneeling down, your fingers trace the pale empty face which once held life, somehow with sympathy. Your head ached with all thoughts and regrets.
That can be dealt with later. All you need now is a place to stay in for the meantime

Just as you were going to flee the scene, you caught a glimpse of a strange floating object out of the corner of your eye. It gave you no time to attack; before you knew it, everything around you began to spin, and you were forced to see all of your sins in a flashback.

All gradually became quieter and darker.

..

"Am I being punished..?"

________________________________

Your eyes shoot open, finding yourself in a familiar place. Though the banging in your head is irresistible, you try to endure it. Whoever (more-so whatever) tried to hurt you sure did a good job. Getting up, your eyes scan the room for any source of explanation which you immediately get.

"This is..." you started, it was as if memories were coming all back to your head, but at the same time they were blurred—not clear as to what was in them, or what they held. It hurt to remember something you couldn't.

As you walkout the room, you notice a sign that read
'Poetry Room.' It was all painfully familiar but you couldn't seem to remember a thing! It felt like you were somehow connected with this place. You doubted yourself a bit, maybe you were just imagining things—but how can that explain the oddly pleasant burn in your chest when you scanned the room? It must mean something.

Thats when something clicked. This wasn't just any place, this was a school! And not just any school, but Kamome Academy.
A memory which was once blurry became clearer and clearer, certain aspects came back to you and it felt like it had been a regular day, where you would come to study here (Though what you studied still remained a blur.)

your hand reached up to feel your cheek which was unsurprising cold.

'Did i seriously die..?' you thought to yourself. As much as you wanted to try remember at least what happened before you (somehow) got here, it hurt your already throbbing head a little too much than you'd like it to. Maybe later you can attempt again.

"Ah! you're finally awake!" An unfamiliar voice spoke. It sounded suspiciously childish, but what would a small child be doing in this place?

Turning around to locate the source of sound you spot a small figure, wearing a white western shirt with a black kimono over the top and a grey hakama. Their wide smile revealed their cat like teeth.

"Yay! You're really here" he spoke before embracing you into a tight hug. Though you might not remember much, proximity would always be something part of you, and closenesses was something you disliked. A lot.

"Get off of me..." you struggle to say due to his unexpected grip around your neck.

That only resulted in him hugging you tighter. You gave up in trying to pry him off you, irked by the fact he didn't listen to you.

"Say, now that you're here, why don't you join us, [NAME]" his tone shifted into a darker one and you weren't sure whether to be more scared of that or the fact that some random small kid knows your name. It seems best not to ask how he got it for now, though.

'Joining us' didn't seem like a good idea. He didn't even explain what this 'joining us' meant, or what that came with.
mustering up your thoughts you replied with a simple; "Why should I?"

The small figure slowly let go of you and looked up, gaze piercing yours sharply which made you gulp. Suddenly the floor seemed interesting.

"Why should you? You would've been forgotten if it wasn't for me,  [NAME]. It would be for the best if you did join us." There he was again, emphasising your name as if it was an everyday word from his vocabulary.

"Us..?" you questioned

"Let me show you!" He exclaimed, taking you by the sleeve and dragging you to who knows where without even giving you a chance to process what was happening. It was hard to catch up to him, you found yourself nearly tripping over a few times; But fortunately for you, he eventually reached a door.

Opening it, he immediately announced his presence

"Here's my new assistant everyone!" He happily showed you off like a proud mom with you as the prize child. "Come on in!"

You felt hesitant to step inside. If you did, would this declare whether you were part of 'us?' And what did he mean by you being his assistant? Did you agree to something that you cant remember? This was all too much to process.

The boy sensed your hesitance "don't worry, we won't hurt you! come in." He reassured (though to no avail did this reassure you in the slightest.)

Feeling inpatient, he grabbed you inside. You were instantly brought to view a young lady with short, green hair. She showed no interest in introducing herself. You felt blood start to rush to your face, it didn't seem unusual for the sight of you to be ignored, but it felt embarrassing.

"My my, who do we have here?" Another unfamiliar voice snapped you out of your trance.

Looking behind revealed a tall boy with brown curly hair and the mouth of a cat that widened when he saw you. He smiled.

"Ah— Natsuhiko! This is my new assistant, look look" the shorter boy yet again pointed out.

"Wellcome, I'm Natsuhiko, but i prefer you call me Natsuhiko senpai~" he introduced (weirdly), seeming to be in a world of his own.

Deadpanning, you point to the girl who was now wearing hearing headphones. "And her?"

That seemed to immediately snap him out of his weird trance.

"Thats Nanamine Sakura, my lady~" he said without any hesitance

"And I'm Tsukasa!" The smaller boy cut in reminding you of his existence.

Natsuhiko, Nanamine and Tsukasa.

I think I can get used to this

...