Prologue: A mess to solve

Inside a sumptuous penthouse nestled in the heart of Manehattan City, a woman stood before an elegant desk, her eyes locked onto the luminous glow of her laptop screen. Across the screen, a bespectacled man engaged her in a video call, his voice a blend of sternness and concern.

"Could you please elucidate why your presence is now conspicuous on platforms like YouSaddle, SnapGab, and MyStable, especially considering your prior inclination towards maintaining a low profile? Furthermore, what strategies do you intend to emp...

"Could you please elucidate why your presence is now conspicuous on platforms like YouSaddle, SnapGab, and MyStable, especially considering your prior inclination towards maintaining a low profile? Furthermore, what strategies do you intend to employ to ascend to the position of CEO within your family's company amidst this heightened attention? How do you envision accomplishing this goal while being scrutinized by an attentive audience?"

The woman, initially captivated by her laptop's screen, turned her attention to the websites the man mentioned. A deluge of articles and videos had inundated her digital space. She clicked on the video at the top of the list and began to watch.

A resounding news anchor announced, "Behold, the leader of the Rainbooms!"

A girl with vibrant rainbow-hued hair playfully interjected, "Hey! I thought I was the leader?!"

Another girl, freckled and exuding a charming farmgirl persona, let out an exasperated groan. "For the umpteenth time, Dash, no siree, you're plum not!"

"There is no leader among us," said a girl with a tangle of unruly red and yellow hair.

The rainbow-haired girl sighed in frustration. "They've clearly referred to you as the—oh, never mind."

The heroic girls on the screen, identified as "the heroes," engaged in an animated discussion, playfully scolding the rainbow-haired girl who loitered in the background. The news reporter then extended her microphone toward the girl with the fiery red-yellow hair. As the woman watched the broadcast, she found herself in a state of shock.

The red-yellow-haired girl spoke into the microphone, declaring, "We've made a solemn vow to protect Canterlot City, no matter the challenges. Be it dark magic or any other threat, we will do everything within our power to stop it."

The woman perused the various articles, chronicling the exploits of these half-pony girls who had saved Canterlot City from impending doom and highlighting their heroic deeds and the mysterious magical occurrences within the city. The man reappeared on the screen, his tone unwavering.

"What prompted your presence in the rather ordinary and unremarkable city of Canterlot, Sunset? Furthermore, how did you find yourself entangled in this curious amalgamation of magical heroism? I earnestly request a thorough and comprehensive explanation," he insisted, his resolve unwavering.

The woman replied, her voice tinged with confusion and disbelief, "This individual on the screen, it's not me," still bewildered by the uncanny resemblance between herself and the red-haired girl on screen. "It's someone who bears a striking resemblance to me. I find it exceedingly difficult to grasp. It seems... implausible."

"We simply cannot permit these headlines to besmirch our esteemed reputation," the man asserted. "I fervently hope for these issues to be promptly resolved."

The woman hesitated but opened MyStable, typing her name cautiously. She expected not to find an account there, yet her name and image appeared on the platform. It was unquestionably her, and yet, it wasn't her at all—a perplexing duality. She clicked on the profile and was met with the words, "the hero of Canterlot and leader of the Rainbooms, Sunset Shimmer." Absurd as it seemed, she couldn't deny the striking resemblance between herself and this enigmatic girl.

"Sunset?" The man's voice broke her reverie.

She sighed, her emotions conflicting. "Kindly grant me a week's respite to address this matter."

"Understood. We cannot allow our reputation to be tarnished by these news articles. While I may not fully grasp the complexities of the situation, I entrust you to swiftly uncover a solution."

"Understood... Uncle."

The call ended, leaving the woman to confront the relentless news articles on her laptop, all featuring a girl with her face and her stolen identity.

"Yellow."

A butler with a complexion like pale sunshine, an elaborate mustache, and black hair adorned with striking white streaks, elegantly dressed in traditional butler's attire, entered the room. "Yes, m'lady?"

"Fetch my coat."

The butler promptly retrieved her pristine white coat, elegantly embroidered with the Everton Academy emblem on its breast pocket, and assisted her in putting it on.

"May I inquire, m'lady, as to our destination for the day?"

The woman's countenance grew even colder. "I have the intention to rendezvous with my doppelgänger, the one who resides in Canterlot City."

"