Red sky

What is the sky?
Is it boundless blue and stripes of fluff?
Is it the calm before the storm?
Or is it merely the beginning of a much larger threat?

From the once blue beautiful skies has turned into a battlefield of shrapnel and fire.
The thunderstorm has rolled in and blood is now mixed with the rain of both ally, foe, and innocents.
Hour after hour, day after day, night after night it rains blood and bullets.

Until it stops!
Skies are clear and it's silent for a moment as the cloud parts onto its dreary path elsewhere.
For a moment- a brief moment- red is all we can see.
What once was free clouds floating about and cheerful sun rays has turned into a fiery blood red sky.
Death litters the ground and fires rage on.
Fires then dwindle to pitiful embers searching for warmth before being snuffed out into ashes.

The sky is merely an omen for what is to come.
What is to come you may ask?
No one truly knows.
It may depend on who you ask.
Me?
Red sky is what I would answer.
After all, a sky is merely there to exist for many reasons- philosophical, science, or religious- what turns a beautiful blue into a painfully blazing death among the clouds.

The sky can be anything you'd like to believe it to be.

~fin~