𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

We made our way down from the bleachers and I grabbed my phone to check it, seeing a few messages.

sisters 💗 >
Today 8:15 PM

leila 💕
Sai are you here?

my zion 🖇
Right ^

yeah I'm here Im about to go to get a snack then I'll come to y'all. where y'all at?

my zion 🖇
Near the bathroom closer to the trash cans and that vending machine

ok just give me a few mins

"You okay?" He looked down at me, a frown evident on his face. "Did I do something?"

"I'm fine, you didn't do anything. Just texting my sisters." I say as we maneuver out of the gym, the word sisters flowing out of my mouth easily.

Nodding his head, we made our way to the concession stand. The line was longer than usual, but they seemed to be getting people taken care of quickly.

"I was scared to approach you when I first got here," He broke the silence. "But then you were in Mrs. Frisch's room when I got in there early and you were so friendly. You had me intrigued when you spoke on the tiniest shit, when you started talking about dolphins.."

"I love dolphins and sea animals period. I used to want to be a marine biologist but I changed my mind. If my love for it ever got as strong as it was before then I definitely would switch my future major to that."

"What do you want to do?"

"Be a psychologist. I kind of want to find a different major because most things that people have to say about that major just aren't positive. They say it's super hard to find a job when you complete the course. I dunno."

"Psychologist? You must be a genius."

"Nah, I think I'm kind of basic." I shrug, thinking back on my smarts. I was a decent amount of smart, book-smart at least. I wasn't the brightest when it came to much else.

"You? Basic? Pssh," He waved me off. "That's crazy. You're like, super cool and interesting."

Not being able to help the smile and very obvious blush that was now visible. "Stoppp!"

He chuckled, his braces showing. I didn't notice that about him. "You beautiful, you know that?"

"Perez, stop it. I'm going to lose my mind." I cover my face in embarrassment, my face becoming as red as a tomato.

"Don't be embarrassed. You beautiful, baby, never be ashamed of that." Everything that came out of his mouth just sounded too good to be true. In a good way though, straight out of a rom-com.

"You know exactly what to say," I allow my hand to fall from my face. "You must have a lot of practice."

"Naw, I ain't even into that. If anything I use different shit on people."

"People as in the girls you talk to?"

"Eh," He looked off to the side as we finally made it to the front of the concession stand.