ɴɪɴᴇ

The minute Vance and I escaped, we busted straight into the police station.

The lady sitting at the front desk looked at us, stunned. I didn't blame her, I would be too.

My face was bloody as shit. Vance's hands and lips were busted up. His hair was matted with a shit-ton of blood. We were tired, sweaty, needed food, on the verge of fucking death.

A couple of cops trailed out, confused as hell. "Can we help you two?"

I looked up at Vance in utter disbelief, before looking back at the cops. "BITCH! We just ran fucking miles straight, fought some big ass motherfucker, got beat with a damn belt, chased by a damn van, starved for like a week straight, and you ask CAN WE HELP?! No fucking shit, you can help! The damn Grabber is out there!"

I was fuming mad. Vance stood aside, laughing his ass off at me as I yelled at the officers. "You could've just said we just escaped The Grabber."

I laughed slightly along with him, calming down as the cops ran out of the station and sped off in their police cars.

One of the officers approached us. "Come on, let's get you two to a hospital. Those injuries look severe."

_______________

After we reported everything that happened to the police, along with where The Grabber was located, I was put in a hospital room. It felt weird being separated from Vance after so long.

They supplied me with some food and bandaged up my wounds. I still felt like shit, though. I sighed, leaning my head back on the pillow. I hate hospitals.

They were always cold, and smelled like chemicals. But I honestly didn't care at this point. I was beyond grateful that I was out of that shit hole of a basement.

I heard a knock on the door, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. "It's open."

The door opened, and in walked Vance. He looked ten times better. He changed out of his clothes and into some fresh ones, his hands were bandaged, his lip was stitched back up, and his curly blonde mullet looked as perfect as ever. God he was pretty.

"Hey." he said bluntly, sitting on the end of the hospital bed. "How's your face?"

I shrugged. "A lot better. Are you okay, though?"

"Yeah, Y/N. I'm okay." he scooted closer, pulling me up into a tight hug. Holy shit. Vance was hugging me, actually hugging me. I could've sworn I thought he was sick of seeing my stupid face after all that time. I savored every second, though, hugging him back and burrowing my head into his shoulder.

He pulled out, locking eyes with me. "Thank you. For everything. Even though you're weak as fuck."

I laughed, rolling my eyes. "Humble yourself, you weren't that strong against him either."

"Shut the fuck up." Vance said, cupping his hands around my head and pulling me in for a kiss.

Oh my God.

I didn't stop to think about what was happening, no matter how surprised I was. I embraced it, kissing him back slowly while combing my fingers gently through his hair.

Another knock on the door ruined the moment, making me groan slightly. "Come in!"

Finney and Gwen came busting into the room, immediately freezing once they caught sight of Vance.

"Oh- I uh.. sorry, we didn't know Vance was here." Finney coughed, avoiding eye contact with him.

Vance put his hands up slightly, "Relax. From now on I'm done being such a dick head to people. Unless, of course, they deserve it." He shot me a cheeky smirk.

I rolled my eyes as Gwen ran over to me, giving me a hug. "Oh my gosh, thank God you're okay! Is it true?! Did you choke The Grabber with a cord, and beat him with his own belt?!"

Finney ran up to me also. "Yeah! And I heard you guys—.."

"— Kids, calm down. I'm going to need you to step out of the room for a moment, you too, Vance." the nurse interrupted, standing in the doorway. "Y/N, there's someone here to see you."

I watched as all of them cleared out of the room, and the person who entered made my breath hitch in my throat.

Mom.

Tears welled up in my eyes at the sight of her. Her hair was a mess, her clothes were stained, and her eyes were bloodshot like she hadn't slept in days.

I couldn't get a word out before she ran over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Y/N—.." she sobbed, gripping onto the back of my head and crying into my shoulder. "I thought... I thought I lost you.."

I pulled out of the hug, taking her by the shoulders and smiling. "I'm okay, Mom."

"I'm okay."