flowers - thominho

this has to be one of my favs

au where thomas sends minho flowers up in the box every month

"And, of course, your monthly supply of flowers, Minho." Newt rolled his eyes and passed the bouquet onto the Runner after being given it from Gally, who was getting everything out the Box after the Greenie had gone off with Alby.

Minho grinned at the response he got from his friend and brought the flowers to his nose to smell them dramatically. "You're just jealous." They smelt nice - they always did. Fresh and well-looked after.

"Jealous of you?" Newt raised an eyebrow, keeping his eye on Minho whilst crouching down to open a box of supplies he'd been given. "It could be an old shank who's giving you bouquets. Also, probably a, or the, creator."

The Keeper shrugged and rested the bouquet on the floor so he could help and be productive. "I doubt it. Probably some cutie."

"Yeah, some cutie watching us die."

"Slim it." Minho huffed. "Let a boy dream sometimes, eh?"

Newt scoffed and threw a bandage from the box at him playfully. "Oh yeah, of course."

He grimaced at the piece of fabric and chucked it to his side. "You just wasted that now, slinthead." He grinned, but, when something caught his eye on the bouquet, he zoned out the Second in Command's retaliation and abandoned the sorting out he was doing to have a closer look.

There was usually a little note on it, saying 'To Minho!' in handwriting that seemed somewhat rushed, but it looked like there was more writing, this time.

Minho picked up the flowers again and ripped the note off the crinkly plastic. "Huh." He muttered. He could feel Newt's mocking glare burn into his back from a mile away, but he chose to ignore it, because, like he said, the blond was clearly jealous that he didn't have a mystery person crushing on him.

(Nobody specified that said mystery person was crushing on him, but, well, Minho liked to boost his ego.)

He opened the folded piece of white card and discarded of the sellotape on the floor.

(Newt was pretty sure (99% sure) Minho was staring at the note for 5 minutes straight.)

He couldn't wipe the smile off his face when he read the note over and over and over;

To Minho!

I'm so proud of you. You're nearly there! Keep running <3

From Thomas.

the spacing looks so weird on wattpad compared to discord i apologise