Chapter 10- "It's Time, Little Heathen"

Start from the beginning

This was a good enough answer for Starchild. He motioned for the Demon to bring over a seemingly metal box that Rory had not noticed sitting in the corner.

He placed the box on the table in the center of the room, where Rory could get a closer look. The box didn't look like it belonged in this world. It was made of some type of precious metal or stone that she had never seen before. As she watched, the four rock band members moved to stand on each of the sides of the box. Reaching out their right hands, they placed their palms against their respective sides, where there were slight indentions.

Immediately, the box cracked open and from inside it came an ethereal glow. On instinct, Rory threw her arm up to shield her eyes. When Rory's eyes adjusted to the light, she could see the biggest gem she had ever laid her eyes on. The Rock of Kissteria.

Starchild looked back at her once the Rock of Kissteria was fully out of its case. "We think you may be the daughter of the Wielder, Rory. Ever since we first met you, we knew you were special. We didn't realize it at first, but now we have seen enough to believe you are her." 

"If I am who you think I am, then I should be able to hold the Rock of Kissteria?"

"Yes," Starchild replied.

"What if I'm not?"

Rory was worried that if she didn't happen to be the Wielder's daughter, something bad would happen if she held the Rock. KISS had full faith in her though. They had grown to care for Rory too much to let anything bad happen to her.

"Don't worry, Rory," Spaceman told her.

"We won't ever let anything harm you under our watch," Starchild added.

The Demon have a grunt in approval to the words of his companions. The Catman simply stepped behind Rory, placing a hand on the small of her back in reassurance. Catman's act of encouragement comforted Rory enough. With one hand, she reached out to place her hand on top of the Rock of Kissteria.

Rory looked on in wonder as the Rock began to glow even brighter under her touch. She gave out a small gasp as she felt the powers of the Rock surge through her hand, up her arm, and through her body. It was exhilarating!

KISS simultaneously let out a chorus of praise over the brunette. They had finally found the one who could Wield the Rock of Kissteria. Catman wrapped his arms around her shoulders, rocking back and forth as the two let out laughs of complete euphoria.

KISS had finally finished their mission. They now have found both the Rock of Kissteria and it's Wielder. Unfortunately, the band and Rory were now at a standstill until they could introduce her to the Elder. The Elder was the only person who could fill in the missing gaps to Rory's past.

Rory was happy all the same because she has finally made a breakthrough in her search concerning where she came from. She was one step closer to finding out who she was, and to finding her mother.

_____________________________

Rory had placed the Rock of Kissteria back into its box before she accompanied KISS to search for her friends. She was not sure exactly how to tell them about what she had learned, so Rory asked the boys to keep everything between them, for now. They agreed with Rory, it was not time for them to know. Yet.

Rory was most afraid to tell Velma. Rory and Velma's relationship could best be described as the intellectual older sister who worryingly looked over the hyperactive little sibling. The two girls loved each other unconditionally even though they were stark opposites. Rory knew that Velma did not believe in anything that dealt with magic, other worlds, or anything that could not be supported scientifically. Rory would just cross that bridge when they got there.

KISS and Rory finally find the teen sleuths in the surveillance room. They quickly caught on to what the topic of discussion was after hearing Shaggy's voice as they walked through the doorway into the room.

"Like the song Detroit rock city? I always thought they were talking about rock and roll."

"Huh, never thought of that. I guess that works too," Spaceman commented, announcing the band and Rory's arrival.

The teens attention quickly averted to the group walking into the room. Rory noticed Fred instantly bristle, and quickly realized his eyes were trained on her and Catman's joined hands and close proximity. She gave him a tight, shy smile. She knew that she was doomed. Fred's older brother syndrome button has just been pushed.

Scooby and Shaggy wasted no time in running to Rory, quickly engulfing her in a suffocating hug. They were happy and relieved that she hadn't been eaten by one of the KISS monster props, which according to the two had apparently came to life and attacked them.

"Did y'all figure anything out?" Starchild asked the teens, watching as Catman and Spaceman attempted to pry Scooby and Shaggy off of Rory, who was turning a shade of purple from lack of oxygen.

"Not yet. But if we had that rock we might be able to set a trap," Daphne pondered.

"Then maybe it's time we hand it over to you, doll," Starchild tells her. Rory and Starchild exchanged a knowing look. "But we have
a couple of rules you will need to follow."

___________________________

Please leave comments <3 I love hearing what y'all think!

Also, if you like my story, please leave some likes!

I appreciate them so much and they keep me motivated knowing how much y'all are enjoying this fanfic :)