Chapter 8- "Have Fun, You Two"

Start from the beginning

"No! Like he shot eye beams, he grew claws, he threw lightening bolts, and he flew in and blew the biggest fire ever. Tell them Rory," Shaggy pleaded.

All eyes turned to Rory, despite Scooby clinging on to the Demon in thanks for saving their lives, and the Demon shaking him right back off. He did not want a hug from a smelly dog.

Catman caught Rory's eyes for a split second. Somehow, she knew what KISS did tonight was not supposed to be revealed to her or her friends. She did not know what type of trouble would come out of them revealing their powers to the three. With a sign of defeat, she chose to keep their secret, at least for the time being. All four KISS members held their breath in anticipation for what Rory was going to say.

"Shaggy, don't you think it's impossible for those things to happen? Superpowers can't be real." Rory felt slightly bad that she was not defending Shaggy at the moment, but she mentally promised that she would make it up to him and Scooby soon.

Part of her almost even believed herself. That was until she looked back up towards KISS. They all four reflected thanks in her eyes for her cover up.

"Shaggy, Youre imagining things," Velma told Shaggy after she was satisfied with Rory's answer. She definitely had a better head on her shoulders than the two boys, or at least in Velma's opinion.

"We'll he didn't imagine the witch, that's for sure," Fred told everyone in the room. The now destroyed drum ride was enough evidence to support the Witch's attack on Shaggy, Scooby, and Rory.

"What should we do now?" Daphne pondered out loud. They could not just let the witch get away with terrorizing their friends.

Before anyone could make any suggestions, a barefooted lady burst through the doors of the infirmary. "You will leave. Trust me, KISS, these children are nothing but trouble. You'll think their honest, but in the end the only person they'll help is the Crimson Witch and her plans to bring total devastation to this world. They must go now or all is lost."

The accusation of this random lady caused Fred, Daphne, and Velma to take a step back. Who was this lady and why did she have such a problem with their presence? They had never met her a day in their lives.

Catman caught Fred's attention as he had walked forward to assist Rory back up off of the ground.

"I thought you were going to catch me next time," Rory playfully grunted out.

Catman was relieved to see Rory still teasing him, even after everything that had happened. She had even lied for their sake.

"Well, I had every intention, love. Seems as though I need to be quicker."

Their eyes interconnected, faces inches apart, once Rory was fully back on her feet. They were both in utter shock after the pet name spilled from the Catman's mouth. Heat rushed to both of their faces and they shyly looked way from each other.

Fred had walked up to one of the supply lockers located within the room. Opening up, he revealed a quivering Shaggy and Scooby. Of course they had knocked down Rory on their way to what they assumed was a safe space. The random lady had scared the mess out of them with her sudden outburst.

"Guys, you've got to stop doing this," Fred lightly scolded the two boys.

In the meantime, the barefooted lady finished up on her rant. "If you want to speak further, you know where to find me." With those as her last words, she promptly turned around to exit the room, but not before slamming the two double doors she had initially entered through.

"Who was that?" Daphne asked KISS. She was a little intimidated by the encounter with the strange lady.

"Chakira, the psychic," Starchild answered Daphne.

"She works at the park," Catman added on to Starchild's answer. He was till standing in his place beside Rory, close enough that their shoulders touched, but neither minded the lack of space.

"She tells peoples fortunes," Spaceman also supplemented.

Velma was less than impressed with the woman who claimed she was psychic. She did not believe in powers of the supernatural, but rather anything that could only be explained through science. If it wasn't science, it didn't exist. "Well she smells like a mixture of patchouli and hobo."

"She's actually very wise, maybe someone should go talk to her," Starchild defended the psychic. Chakira had her suspicions of the true origins of KISS. They would never acknowledge it, but she was pretty spot on with her claims of their histories. A visit to her may give them some inspiration on ways to take down and defeat the Crimson Witch.

"I'll go," Spaceman quickly volunteered.

"Mind if I tag along? I find it odd that she thinks she knows so much about the witch," Velma asked Spaceman. She could not turn down an opportunity to learn something new. Also, having a task alongside a certain guitarist also seemed like a good idea.

With a friendly smile, the Spaceman offered the crook of his arm out to the bespectacled female. She gladly slipped her arm into his as they exited the room to head to Chakira's booth. She couldn't believe how much of a gentleman Spaceman was.

Bonus.

"Some of us should go back to the drum ride and see if they can pick up the witch's trail," Daphne suggested to the remaining people in the room.

"I'll go with you, if you want," Starchild told her with a smolder.

Rory couldn't hardly hold in her laughter at the face Fred was making.

"I want," Daphne swooned. Following in the Spaceman's footsteps, Starchild offered his arm to Daphne. She didn't take any time at all to latch on to him. Arm in arm, they walked out of the same door that Velma and Spaceman had exited through.

About to burst, Fred told them "I'll go too" in a rushed manner.

Before completely leaving the room, Starchild looked back at those remaining. "Demon, Catman, help Rory keep an eye on Scooby and Shaggy."

"I got better things to do than babysit dogs and hippies. Hey, have fun you two." With a look of pure mischievousness, the Demon winks at Rory and Catman. Before the could protest, the Demon disappears in a cloud of confetti.

The room was silent for a moment, which gave Catman the chance to come up with a way to get Rory away from Shaggy and Scooby for a moment. It was imperative that he had a talk with her.

With a gulp, Rory resigned to the fact that she knew what Catman was thinking of. She wasn't entirely ready to have the upcoming conversation. She had no idea what she had gotten herself into, but she knew that it was beyond anything she could conjure up on her wildest imaginations.

☾・゚*:✧⋆.☾ ⋆✧・*:☾⋆・゚:✧⋆*.☾・゚:✧⋆*.☾

Happy reading <3