Your chest tightened, the need to scream in horror and loss nearly overwhelming you as your expression stayed in a calm frown. Your body's condition was worse than you'd originally anticipated, the possibility of death infiltrating your thoughts. As a demon slayer, you'd already become accustomed to the idea of losing your life to a demon. If you died that night, you really wouldn't be surprised.

Your gut suddenly dropped, your body itching for your blade. A demon, though the aura was significantly different from what you'd gotten used to. You narrowed your eyes, focusing your breathing as you stood, stumbling for balance; you then reached down, your blade drawn from its scabbard threateningly slow.

Just trust your body; it remembers everything you don't, such as your ever growing rancor aimed towards demons. Steeling your resolve, you stepped out from the alley, taking note of the lack of humans walking the streets. You took a moment to notice how different the buildings seemed to be.

Footsteps wandered towards you from the right, two pairs; one being the demon you sensed whilst the other being human.

"Why hello there, mind telling us why it is that you're wandering the streets of London with a weapon?" the taller of the two approaching figures had inquired, a dainty smile gracing his features.

You pursed your lips, recognizing that the language spoken wasn't Japanese, rather English, a language you weren't too fluent in. "Mind explaining why you are with a human, then?" you'd growled, your accent showing through.

The demon raised his brow at that, his smirk widening the slightest as his human companion stiffened. "My young master is to never leave without my protection."

You frowned. Judging by the human child's reaction, you came to the conclusion that he was aware of the other being a demon; even going as far as to strike up some type of deal by the looks of it.

The demon was tall, probably ranging around the height of 6'3, his aura showing to be the equivalent to that of an uppermoon. His raven locks framed his face, reddish brown apertures staring down at your hunched figure cautiously.

He knew that you knew; it was your fault though. Your previous comment was painfully careless, you'd realized. Scoffing, you ignored the pulsing agony that stabbed at your side, allowing your body to slide into a breathing form, your grasp on your weapon fixing tightly.

The temperature around your injured figure dropped in an instant, the air becoming cold and crisp, dangerous to inhale for it would likely tear a human's lungs. You jolted forward at an inhuman speed, impressive especially considering the extent of your injuries.

The demon's eyes widened slightly, not having expected to be blatantly attacked. The male dodged, steering the assault away from the human child. You followed after him, having planned to keep the child out of it.

It almost seemed as if you were swinging blindly, however the demon knew better, it was a feint to throw him off. Soon enough as expected, you swung with a heavy force, snowflakes trailing after your blade as you went for his neck.

The sharp edge nipped his skin before he managed to duck, pulling silverware from his sleeve to parry your blunt attacks. Your movements soon began to slow, your eyes scanning him cautiously and hatefully. Your abilities were inhuman, but you were actually one of the weaker slayers out of your hashira comrades.

Skidding backward, you side eyed the young human boy as he reached behind his head, undoing his eye patch. "Sebastian, you're pathetic. They're half dead and yet you're still losing. I'd have half a mind to break our contract." he'd carelessly commented, the cloth dropping to reveal his right eye; demon crests embedded into his discolored aperture.

Your eyes went wide for a moment before the shock settled over. You'd never seen something like this before, a human having a contract with a demon. How did that even work?

"Apprehend this pleb, we'll bring them back to the manor and interrogate them or something. This is an order, Sebastian." the boy hissed, his glare fixated on the demon who smiled, uncaring of the constant mockery thrown at him.

The demon, Sebastian, bowed, his right hand hovering over his chest in a dainty manner. "Of course, young master."

Your face twisted into one of immense confusion and disgust. "I refuse to follow after a brat like you, much less a demon who's made a contract with that child." you'd hissed, shocking the young boy as he hadn't expected you to figure it out so quickly. Were you sent by someone?

Unlikely, you were near death; it was a miracle you were conscious much less fighting.

The demon's presence suddenly appeared behind you, your reflexes spinning you to face him, the male just barely dodging your blade that swung at his face.

"Excuse me, but I'll be needing to capture you so I advise you stop stressing your injuries. They look quite fatal." Sebastian hummed, a closed eyed smile masking his annoyance. You paused at his expression, horror settling into your stomach as you folded over, hacking up a scarlet liquid, your throat facing a searing, burning sensation.

Sebastian reminded you of your dear deceased friend, Kocho Shinobu.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

╭ ━━ ( ©-𝗕𝗢𝗪𝗧𝗢𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗭𝟯𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮)

╰ ━━ 𝐍𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 ╱ black butler 𝗑 kny! 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋 𖤐˚⋆ . ࣪ 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━