Testing

This is a quick test chapter. I'm trying to see if I prefer typing my stories out on my laptop or phone. This is my first laptop chapter so it might be messy.

The skies were becoming more and more cloudy by the second. There was a seventy percent chance for rain today and you were stuck in the convenience store with Cashier. He had his head propped on his hands and watches the first few rain drops fall. Low thunder grumbled and more rain drops fell from the skies.

"You're not going home," Cashier said casually.

You didn't live far from the shop and he knew that. Who the hell was he to tell you you couldn't go home? But you weren't mad. As long as you got to spend time with Zaddy Cashier you were A-Okay. Still, you wanted to walk home before things got worse.

"I don't live that far. I think I'm gonna go before it picks up too bad."

"Well then I guess you're willing to help me close before you leave?"

"Psh, sure. Closing shouldn't take too long anyways."

You were wrong. Very wrong. And you're wrong a lot to be honest. 

He had you mopping the floors, cleaning the counters, restocking items the nobody bought. If anyone came into the store for that matter. He even had you cleaning the windows while he was "taking care" of stuff in the freezer. He never specified what he was doing in the freezer, he would always give you and indirect response.

The rain was picking up really bad. The trees were violently swaying in the harsh wind, the low rumble of thunder grew louder. Walking home in this weather wasn't going to be a challenge for you. All you had to do was run like you were doing cross country. Easy peasy. 

You made your way to the door and opened it. You stood there for a moment realizing how nice the rain felt on your skin. The droplets were finding their way into the store. A hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you back into the store. Who could it possibly be? I wonder. Oh, wait, it was Cashier.

"I'm not letting you walk home in this weather, Y/N. It's too dangerous."

"Awh, that's cute. You're worried about me."

"I'm serious Y/N. Now get back to putting the ice cream in the freezer." His grip tightened on your wrist.

He had you working all damn day to close and he still expected you to keep working? Haha, he's a funny lil guy. You shook your wrist out of his grip and nodded, heading to the freezer t get ice cream. He nodded and went behind the register to count up the money. You had a plan. You were going to defy him. 

Since the freezers were close to the door you would book it and play out in the rain. You were an absolute genius. Sort of. You weren't too aware of the consequences of your actions. You walked out of the freezer with a few boxes of popsicles. Cashier's attention was still on the money. Perfect.

You set the popsicles on the ground and ran outside. Cashier looked up to see a wild Y/N running around. His eyes widened in disbelief and ran outside after you. You jumped around in the rain and ran wild. Just you and Mother Nature. And an angry Cashier. 

You finally caught sight of him and ran faster, eventually falling in a puddle. He caught up to you and lifted you out of the puddle.

"What did I tell you?! You really don't listen  do you? You don't even have a jacket. The fuck is wrong with you?!" 

He picked you up over his shoulder and took you inside. He seemed pissed. He usually was but not like this. He dropped you on the floor and gave you one of his jackets. You hesitantly took it and wrapped it around your body. It smelled of really nice soap.

"You're all gross and dirty. You're gonna have to mop the floors again. This is also going out of your paycheck."

"As if I was getting paid in the first place."

"You were about to get your first paycheck Y/N. But if your gonna be irresponsible you're not getting it."

Hooey.

He looked back at you and went into the freezer and handed you and umbrella. He shoved it into your hands and pushed you out the door.

"Forget it," his tone was sharp. "Just go home." 

He shut the door on you and you frowned. You weren't gonna push your luck today so you left, his jacket still wrapped around you. 

He sighed and watched you walk home. Was he too harsh on you? Did he make a mistake for not letting you do what you wanted. No. You were probably going to get sick and stay home for a few days. Those few days you would not be able to spend with him. 

He didn't want to admit it. 

But he cared about you. A lot.

HEYHEYEHY I wasn't expecting to write a kinda sad chapter. Idk what possessed me to do such a thing. Anyway I like writing on my laptop but I feel like a get carried away and write longer chapters than usual. Ik some of you have small attention spans so I try to make my chapters short. ANYWAY I've finished my test chapter YIPPEE.

I also apologize if the format is kinda weird. Laptop wattpad and phone wattpad are very different. lol.

Word Count- 909