Helping Hand

My duties as a servant for Cashier weren't over. I didn't care though. Being around him for a few hours was amazing. He had the same energy as me. It was such a great feeling.

I walked on the sidewalk to the convenience store. The air was crisp and breezy. Just the perfect temperature. I zipped up my jacket a little. The walk seemed so long.

I arrived at the store and opened the door. The high pitched squeal that came from the door made me shudder. Cashier was sleeping on the ground behind the counter. I looked at him then the store. The place seemed really dirty. Like very dirty. I pondered on how the place got so dirty in a span of less than 24 hours.

I thought long and hard about what I could do. I wanted to help the poor guy out, he's been working long and hard. I walked to the back of the store and took the broom out of the corner.

I took trash bags out from underneath the front counter and got to work. I started picking up huge things such as tub's of ice cream and orange juice bottles.

Sweeping cans off the floor and putting all of the trash wasn't hard. Trying to drag the full trash bags out was. I struggled to drag the full trash bags out into the big one. The bags continously broke as I trudged outside.

After what felt like forever I managed to put the trash bags in the big bin without a struggle. I could totally ditch this place and forget about cleaning the store. I should. Nah,..

I looked to the fridge. Cans of pop and energy drinks sprinkled the floor. I allowed a sigh to escape from me and moved to the fridge. I picked up each individual can and read the flavors. A can of [Fav soda] caught my eye. Thoughts about drinking it crossed my mind. No. Stealing is wrong. But it wouldn't hurt, right? I mean I could take it for my hard work. I gingerly set the can beside the fridge out of view for later. I continued picking up the cans.

The rest of the day wasn't as bad as I would have expected it would have been. Wiping down windows, scrubbing the walls and the floors, and finding coins behind some areas. Overall, it was fun, and I'm glad I did something nice for him. I walked slowly to the fridge as I yawned. It took longer than I would have liked, though. I picked up the can of [Fav soda] and popped it open. I took a long swig of the sweet, savory, liquid. The way the sugar mixed with the other ingredients made me feel more energized.

Cashier woke up to the sound of the soda can thumping on the counter. He rubbed is eyes sleepily and gave me a wave.

"'Night, idiot." He gave me a confused look and turned his attention to the windows. The stars fell into place perfectly. His eyes twinkled along with the stars. He looked back at me in amazement then the store. It was no longer a mess. The windows didn't hold on to the grime, and food contents were placed neatly on shelves.

"Y/N.., thank you..." His eyes glistened as he scanned the room once more. His small smile never faltering. He looked at me one last time. Before walking to the fridge. "Hell, you even organized the fridge!" He began to rummage through the fridge. I took the last sip of my [fav soda] and threw the can away. "Hey..."

"Is something wrong?"

"I thought I had one more of [fav soda] in here. I should make whoever drank it buy me a a full package of them."
Whoops.

Hehehe I'm here again. I haven't been consistent, I'm trying very hard to get out new chapters.
Thanks for being patient.
<3
Word count:661