Then Kirigiri looked at Y/N.

"Genocider Syo has stated she had given up on you during Fujisaki kun's trial... That would only mean she had tried to kill you."

"Oh, she did say that huh..."

The moment they both made eye contact, Y/N knew Kirigiri was trying to get him to explain himself about this. She's probably a little irritated that he didn't tell her that he knew Genocider Syo before the 2nd trial started.

"Ahh, ehh... It only happened once, Syo chan tried to kill me, I made her chase me around Tokyo for an entire day, she eventually gave up and booked it, I didn't really chase her since I got tired too."
The broker explained quickly.

After explaining, he could see Kirigiri relax a little, but not entirely, considering the situation they're in, this is the most relaxed she can get without letting her guard down.

Seeing as they both had nothing to do, Y/N started talking again.

"Since there's nobody here yet, why don't we have a little talk?"

"A talk...?"

"What if I posed to you this question..."

Y/N spun around slowly before starting.

"Can all the people's hearts be bought? Now, I need you to keep in mind that the keyword here is “all.” The answer would be... “There are times it can be bought, and there are times, not.” Right? A person... sometimes he'll guard his pride and conscience even if being offered a hundred billion yen, and other times, he'll murder over a single yen. In that light, surely the hearts of the people can be bet as well? Although some people might rage that “you can't expect the same odds for people's hearts as a coin flip!” Whether or not this person will murder another... And since we're already put in a situation such as this, let's use it as an example. Depending on who the person is and who would answer, “that person would never do such a thing,” it had already been decided before the results even come in. In other words, the odds are greater that they wouldn't kill. Let's forget about the motives and the situation we're in right now, after all, this is only an example. Yup, the real problem here is that we can't really understand a person until we open them up and take a look. While we can do that on various people, it's not as if we can 100% manipulate their hearts, doubts and other factors will always be present, and the most we can do is give them a little push in any direction. Let's say that someone is crossing an extremely dangerous boundary... Depending on what's taking place, may cause that person to step in either direction... It also isn't a guarantee that that person will have a life afterwards."

"What are you talking about...?"

"All I'm saying is, even in the real world stuff like this happen. Manipulators may use their skills to manipulate through fear and aversion, or pity and goodwill. It's always up to the person being manipulated whether they'll be taken advantage of or not. Exposing someone's weakness and vulnerabilities, or exploiting it and working around it for your own sake. There are a lot of ways someone can be “bought” and this situation we're in is no different. Monokuma uses these and calls it despair, because when faced with both, we don't know how to react, like... “I want to get out, but I don't want to kill someone; but if I don't kill someone, what will happen to the people dear to me outside? But if I kill someone, there's a chance I'll get found out and executed. And if I don't, everyone else will get hurt.” See what I mean? The degradation of the mind of someone when faced with both sides being in peril, wondering if it's worth that they bet their own lives whilst also betting on others. Well, not like everyone is tied to this morality. There are people willing to kill given enough motivation, it's either that the rewards given aren't good enough, or they don't know enough of anything yet."