Aki wasted no time in hitting Denji with the back of his hand. "Pull yourself together and focus."

A two storey house located in East Nerima Ward had a barricade tape around the property; given that the tape's color is black and yellow, it meant physical hazard and potential danger to anyone who dares get close. Numerous police officers can also be found in the neighborhood area wearing bulletproof vests.

"At present, civilians have been evacuated and we've sealed the home off." A police officer reported to Denji and Aki, holding onto the clipboard in his hands. "The target is holed up in a room on the second floor, we'll leave the rest to you." The same police officer spoke, tucking the clipboard under his arms.

Ducking past the barricade tapes, Denji stared at the house before he could follow behind Aki closely.

"Hey, what's a devilman?" He asks

"What? Did you not even get an elementary education?" Aki asks

"Yep. Never been to school." Denji confesses, leaving Aki astounded.

Entering through the front door of the house, all was fairly quiet in the first floor. "A devil who's taken over a human's corpse. That's a devilman."

"Hm wait, don't I make one too?" Denji asks again

"No." Aki responded again. "The shape of the devilman's head is it's characteristic." As they climbed up onto the second floor of the house, the bedroom door was closed and oddly quiet.

"Well, you get it when you see it." Aki said before kicking the door open. There stood in the middle of the room is a devilman devouring an already half dead animal in it's hands.

"A devilman has the devil's personality." Aki explained before looking at the devil with an unknowing look. "This time you kill it. Show me the power you got by becoming a devil, so I can judge how useful you can be."

Quickly noticing how the devilman in front of them dropped the animal it was eating before onto the floor, Denji was quick to leap on his feet before slicing the devilman's head with the axe in his hands. Watching the head fall down on top of the bed and the body toppling down on one corner of the room, he felt a foot kicking his lower back.

"Hey" Aki begins to say, "Why didn't you use the devil's power?"

Quick, idiot. Think. Denji told himself before facing Aki. "Ah...using my power to kill devils just seems painful. Cause I probably turned into something kinda like this devilman. And also, I guess I wanted to kill it...less painfully."

Before anything else, Denji was slammed against a cabinet door, Aki's hand pressed on his cheek. "Listen and don't forget, devilmen are indisputably still devils, and a devil hunter's got no business sympathizing with a devil. A devil killed my whole family before my eyes. I've had drinks with the police down there before, they're all doing a job with their life on the line to protect their wives and children. Everyone here is serious but you. I want to make devils suffer as much as possible when I kill them. And you're telling me to play nice with the devils?"

"If there's a devil that'll be my friend, I'll take it. Cause I never had any." Denji spoke.

And it was enough for Aki to let him go. "I'll remember that." and with that, he left the bedroom, leaving Denji by himself.

"Jeez. He didn't have to snap so hard." Denji mutters to himself, scratching the back of his head before squatting in front of a pile of porn magazines. "Truth is, I just really didn't want the blood to soil these."

With that, Denji took a magazine and began flipping through the pages. "This is pretty sweet. But why am I not getting excited over it?" He wonders to himself, his eyes admiring the women's bodies on the printed glossy pages.

Show me your dreams. He heard Pochita speak to him. He lifted the top of his polo to speak to him. "I'm doing my best here, Pochita. I'm following the contract and living a pretty good life here, aren't I? I shower everyday, eat good food everyday, a pretty lady that sleeps in a room next to mine...Am I missing something?" Denji blinks his eyes, his mind wandering back to the day Ame was cleaning the table while he was eating bread.

"I wanna feel her tits." He mumbles to himself, until reality hits him.

It was hopeless for me that I gave up on it a long time ago. But now that I got a pretty good job, I'll be able to sleep with any woman. But not just any woman, it's gotta be Ame! If it's her tits, then I'll be able to touch them! I'll just have to- Denji's thoughts were suddenly halted when he releases an exhausting sigh.

"Why do I have to die to feel her tits..."