,prologue "an anxious mind and a troubled heart"

-

"It's not that I'm bored. It's not that I'm doing it for the sake of it."

"Then what is it that you want?"

"There doesn't have to be a reason. And it's not like I haven't spent my life looking for one."

"So you have no reason? You really are just doing it for the sake of it then!"

"That's not what I-"

"You're weak. You have absolutely no sense of independence. You can't even understand yourself and you've lost reason in your actions yet you continue. You already know how it'll turn out. Stop looking for what isn't there. Stop doing things for no reason. And stop blindly doing those things without even comprehending the magnitude of what the consequences of doing those things could be."

"..."
"Stop lying to me. Stop lying to yourself. You know that we are not okay. We know we need to work together. We need to let ourselves immerse into emotion. Please—I've been looking for something to complete me for years. I know I'm not perfect, and yet I ask for so much despite that. But do you ever realize the human desire to belong to another, to be intimate to another, and to love another, to finally be complete?"

"Ahh, I'm just so overwhelmed at this point. Why is love so complicated? Why do you yearn for it so bad... You have a good family, a roof over you, food to satisfy you—every necessity is given to you! Is that not love?"

"I get it. But are you sure those words are yours? Are you sure you weren't conditioned to say these things? Do you even hear yourself? I know there is a part of you which knows it isn't that simple. Love isn't as simple as service or family or friendship."

"..."

"And we, forming the human person, collectively are still not satisfied. Remember?"

"Alright, let's just get everything to sleep."

"My goodness. The mind. I pity it now. It's been subject to gaslighting for who knows how long.."

...

It has its own reservations, beaming with stinging anxiety and an ability to overanalyze to an inhumane level grown out of trauma.

...

"The human heart. I'm disappointed. It's simply a complexity whenever abstractions and ideals of romance are involved, isn't it?"

...

Nothing and nobody can understand how it truly works—how it could turn one against its own life, and how it keeps one alive at the same time.

...

Give them a little rest.