•I wish summer had never ended•

Dustin had just come back from summer camp a week before the new school year and would not shut up about Susie. She seems like a lovely girl and is 'hotter' than 'phoebe Kate's' which I think is impossible not going to lie, but the fact that my little brother is having more romantic action than me in a couple weeks than my whole life.

"Amber, sweetie you're going to be late!!" mom screamed causing me to groan in tiredness.
"COMING" I screamed back.
I had a one more week left on being stuck in that stupid arcade then I can leave and go and be even more bored moping around at school. I slipped on some jeans and my arcade T-shirt with my converse and freshened up and tied my hair in a messy high ponytail.

"Jesus Christ mom, it's only 8:30 I start at 9 I could have had another 20 minutes " I groaned pouring some coco pops in a bowl.
"Someone woke up on the wrong side on the bed this morning" Dustin giggling with himself all dressed up ready to go out to the new mall that had just opened up. It was the new main attraction to Hawkins. I'm planning on going one day maybe to watch a movie, but no one has talked to me all summer except for my family.

I shot a dirty look at Dustin " so dusty buns." teasing him with his sad nickname.

" Amber...Y'know dusty hates that name..." mum implied.

"I know, I know, so Dustin I finish at 12 and I was thinking...Maybee me and you could go to the mall or something?" Holding a stale smile. I didn't actually want to spend time with Dustin I just didn't want to go back to school with everyone talking about the mall that the whole of Hawkins has been to except me.
"Oh, well the whole gang and I are going to watch the new 'back to the future' film, I have a spare ticket since Erica is with Tina today. You will have Steve and robin there to speak to, so it won't be that bad. Film is at 3 don't be late!" Overloading his mouth with bacon.

"9 of us great" I thought to myself sarcastically.
I've never been in a cinema before so maybe it will be fun or maybe it could be a whole catastrophe who knows...
8:50 struck the clock causing me to bolt off out the door.
"Love you mom and you too dusty-buns" blowing kisses making Dustin run after me with his breakfast knife.
I start the engine up and reverse down onto the street road. Dustin comes up running and knocks on my window.
"If you call me dusty-buns one more time I will strangle you to death Amber!!"

" What you going to do with a butter knife...........Dusty-buns?" I speed off 40mph off on my way to the arcade.

•Dustins POV•
"You little rat" I bellow to the speeding car.
BEEP BEEP
Steve was waiting for me in his car looking at me like I was in a clown suit.
" Damn Henderson, she got you there didn't she " whispering a laugh out.

" it's not funny Steve, she never stops pestering me about the name and it's getting on my nerves. I will one day, I will get my revenge and she won't see it coming..." I screw up my face leaning into Steve's car.

" c'mon, Jump in. Robin is already dying giving out millions of samples towards Erica and I can't be any later than I am" clapping the door side indicating for me to get in.
We drive off.

|Ambers POV|

I walk in with a ring-a-ding from the entrance bell at 9:00.

"Never late am I, Keith?" entering with a proud shiny smile on my face.

"No, but you have hundreds of jobs to do amber." his face as straight as an arrow.

I groan. Stocking snack shelves, serving drinks. Why do people spend their summer in a cooped-up arcade?

*Okay I know some of you will get annoyed at this, but they do have cellphones. not the new modern ones though. The really old ones. SORRY*

I'm sat behind the counter eating a packet of Lays crisps when I get a DING on my phone.

*New message from 'Dusty-buns'*

"Are you coming to the film or not? I swear if you turn up and pull some kind of prank on me, because you wanting to hang out with me is very suspicious." - Dusty-buns

"Yes, I shall come and I pinky promise no pranks or jokes will be held during the movie. Also is there anything I need to bring I could nick a couple snacks while I'm at the arcade?" - Amber

"No, thanks but mom has given me money for popcorn. I swear Amber if you do anything I will get you!!" - Dusty-Buns

I giggle when I get a ring on the counter bell.

Billy Hargrove. One of the most hated yet loved teenager of Hawkins.

"Hiya, tokens are collected over there at the token register. Any drinks or snacks?" I cheerfully offered.

A puff of smoke overruling my sight, so I waft it all way.

"Have you seen Maxine?" he grunted.

"I heard she's at Star court, I'm going to watch a film with her later, so you know." not keeping eye contact with him while I continue stocking the shelves.

"Tell her to be home for 8pm on the dot. She can  skate home." He gave off a protective but doesn't care about his sister vibe.

I take my hair down to refit it into a better put-together ponytail.

"Didn't know it was you Henderson." he stopped when he was about to turn around to leave.

"Yes, Billy. I got forced to work here for a summer so I can 'prepare' for the real world, as my mother says" I chuckled. How on earth did Billy Hargrove know who I was?

"Ahh, why don't you have a little bit of fun at least? You know go to some parties, drink, live a normal teenage life?" he smiled.

"Blame my mom for that. Locking me away like a prisoner. But honestly, I would love to" I lied I didn't want to seem like a saddo when Billy Hargrove was talking to me.

He sat on one of the stools and we talked for around half an hour until he left, and it was time for me to start packing up Aswell.

I walked through to the employees only room until I realized. I just talked to Billy Hargrove for 45 whole minutes. I squealed.

I was hyperventilating when I sat in my car. "45 whole minutes?" I questioned myself the whole ride home.

I park up gently and skipped along inside with the biggest smile I've ever smiled before.

"Hey Hunny, someone's happy I see." mom greets with a hug.

"I've just had a really good day at work that's all." I lie again.

Next step of the day was to get ready for the movie.

* Okay let me know how the story is going so far there will be more drama / action next chapter so don't get bored CHECK OUT MY TIKTOK - EDDIESLOVELYLUCIOUSLOCKS*