v

Naruto had just finished training with Konohamaru and was headed home when an Anbu stopped him.

"Hokage-sama has requested your presence." The Anbu agent said, Naruto noted the cat mask.

"Tell her I'll be there Yugao."

With that, Yugao body flickered away. Naruto thought about all the possible scenarios that could happen.

One, Tsunade could have called him and decided she wanted to pursue a relationship. Doubt it.

Two, Tsunade was calling him because she wanted to inform him that it was best to forget the ordeal. Clues pointed heavily towards that.

Three, Tsunade would pound him into a pulp for taking advantage of her lust filled mind. Highly likely.

Naruto guessed today was as good a day as any to die. Maybe he could use some bs about being the child of prophecy to save his skin. If that still didn't save him, at least he'd meet up with his master Jiraiya soon. The old pervert would probably congratulate him with tears in his eyes because his pupil had managed to bone Tsunade.

Naruto was thinking of every possible way to die that he didn't notice when he arrived to the doors leading into the Hokage's office. He took a deep breath before deciding to go in. Fuck knocking, if he was going to die, he was going to die with his head held high and no regrets.

"You called," he said as he let the doors slam on their own.

Tsunade scowled at that, "I'd prefer if you didn't try to break down my doors every time you came in here."

"Well I'm sorry to say that's where you're wrong because last time, I knocked." Naruto replied.

Tsunade's gaze darkened. "Don't try to be smart with me."

Naruto put up his hands in surrender. "I'm not. Jeez, just defending myself."

Tsunade just stared at him. She had a look that said the had something to say to him. She shook her head. "Like I said when you were here last time, I have a mission for you."

Naruto perked up and gave her his full attention. "Suna has invited a liaison to inspect the new HQ they have for international relations. Normally I'd send Shikamaru, but with the recent death of Asuma, I've decided to let him heal on his own. Plus, it looks like he's been helping Kurenai around."

Naruto looked at the file. It was an A-rank mission, that meant the pay would be well. He also hadn't seen Gaara since the extraction when he had died and came back to life. It was a good situation, get village business done while meeting up with an old friend. It also helped that it was an important mission for the village, would help him on his journey to be Hokage. Still, it irked him that the reason she wasn't sending Shikamaru was because Asuma had just died and the excuse of taking care of Kurenai. What about him? Jiraiya was dead. He was supposed to take care of Tsunade. Did she simply not care about that.

Naruto felt the migraine coming but he successfully fought it from showing on his face, the only signs were his clenched fist and gritted teeth. No one could be able to tell the discomfort he was in.

Unfortunately, Tsunade wasn't no one. She was an expert medical shinobi, the expert medical shinobi, subtle signs such as that would be caught. It would take a brick wall to fool Tsunade medically and even then, she might diagnose the wall with some illness.

"Is something wrong?" Tsunade asked worriedly.

"No," Naruto managed to say, "I'm fine."

Unfortunately, that was the wrong thing to say because Tsunade thought his discomfort was about something else. Her gaze darkened, and Naruto knew that her next words would be sharp.