Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

"You killed my brother..." I charge. I stab his arm at the same time he shoots my arm where Maurice shot, I clench my teeth as the bullet goes all the way through my arm I look and sure enough, there is a hole in my arm. A FREAKING HOLE! I am angry now. I bring out my handgun and shoot at his bad leg, a bit of a dirty move but he did just make a hole in my arm. He doubles over in pain and I knock him unconscious. We have beaten all of the people they brought but I notice that apart from Jack they brought all of their weakest fighters so who knows what is going to happen next. "Come on we need to leave!" I shout at everyone and motion for them to come over to me, "Those we're all of their weakest fighters apart from Jack, I know that they are trying to take over whatever is outside the border as well. I think if we go to warn them we can seek refuge and start a new life there." Everyone nods their heads in agreement, "Take your weapons just in case, we don't know what is out there and it could be something deadly". We start walking and I slowly slink to the back of the crowd and walk alongside Serena and John. John grabs my hand and I smile as we start walking hand in hand. "Ew, you guys are gross! I liked it better when you hated each other" Serena laughs with a joking disgusted expression on her face. I laugh but it quickly turns into a shout of pain as I hold my arm, "Oh my god Jamila!" John's eyes are as big as saucers as he finally sees my arm with a hole in it. "What the hell happened?!" We continue walking towards the border as I say, "Maurice shot me in my arm and then Jack shot me in the exact same place and both bullets went through leaving a ginormous hole in my freaking arm! I am going to have to leave it like this until we get to a safe place because otherwise we could be attacked by Jack again". John nods his head but doesn't look convinced. After about an hour of walking, we stop and have some water and treat a few minor wounds. I am the only one with a major wound however the man who taught me History at school has a broken leg. I create a splint for his leg using some wood and bandages so he is able to lightly walk on it. My mother is horrified at what happened to me, "You need to rest Jamila, I do not want to see you trying to do anything except if absolutely, utterly necessary!" And then she walks off to talk to my father, probably about how much of an idiot I am and how I will never be able to be left alone ever again. Just great! We continue walking until we finally see a building. It says 'Aéroport Français' though I have no idea what it means. We all go in and I speak to the lady at the desk she says in some weird language, "Bonjour! Bienvenue à l'aéroport français, comment puis-je vous aider?" I stare at her not really understanding a word she just said, "Um, hello! I do not understand". She looks at me with a look of distaste and scoffs, "Les Anglais, 'ello! Welcome to ze French airport, 'ow can I 'elp you?" French? Where are we? "My name is Jamila Afdil and I am from the town SunLife, our town is being bombed and we need somewhere to stay. Can you help us?" She looks at me like I am crazy and I am worried for a second that I am. "My dear, SunLife was destroyed years ago, there were no survivors, now can I 'elp you?" Destroyed? I turn to the town and think of something, "You can help me, our town is being destroyed and we need a place to stay" she starts to protest but then I whisper, "And I have a gun". She straightens up and looks slightly petrified, "Of course! Right zis way, please follow me!" She quickly walks off and we follow her. We get to a fancy-looking building with the word 'hotel' on the side. We walk in and the lady talks to a man at a desk, "Elle est folle! Elle ne cesse de dire qu'ils viennent d'une ville bombardée et qu'elle a une arme à feu. Donnez-leur quelques chambres pour que tout le monde puisse séjourner!" The man also looks petrified so I guess the woman told him everything, he motions that he needs one minute and he starts typing on a computer and then motions for us to follow him. We do and end up in a lift that takes us up to the very top floor. "Zis is the VIP floor. You can stay 'ere for as long as you like. If you need anysing zen please call me on ze phone. Thank you." He then runs off and leaves us to soak up the luxury and freedom. The children rush to where there is loads of fancy food and immediately start stuffing their faces. I sit down and see a first aid kit so I use it to try fixing my wound. I can't do it though, with all the things I know about medicine never once did I think to practice how to fix a hole in someone's arm! Just then I hear a loud knock on the door and when I open it a very muscular man wearing a black suit and earpiece answers and speaking in a similar accent to mine says, "We have been informed that someone here is carrying a gun? Hand it over now and there will be no consequences." I feel very panicked but then I realise my arms are in show so I create some fake tears and tell him, "Not a gun sir, a gun wound! My arm was shot twice in the same place and now there's a hole! I need help because I don't know how to fix it, please help me!" His eyebrows clench together in confusion and his eyes dart to my wound and he does a double take. His eyes widen and he says into his earpiece, "I need a doctor to the top floor immediately, there is a girl with an arm hole" I realise this could be my chance for John as well so I also tell the guy, "My boyfriend also got shot in the shoulder with a poison bullet, I tried my best to fix it but I am not sure if I did it right". He nods his head and relays the message into his earpiece. "The Doctor is on his way, I am so sorry for disturbing you ma'am, have a good day!" And he walks off without another word. I close the door and spin around telling John, "and that is how it's done!"