Ch.25: Back Home In New York

"Gwen?" I smile " Hey Lizzie. " I say. Lizzie brings me in for a hug. She moves to the side and let's me in. I look around the place, I see the kids
running around and playing. One of the kids notice me.

"Gwen!!!" A little boy shouts running towards me. I notice who it is Immediately.

"Jackson!" I kneel down and he jumps into my arms squeezing me tight as he hugs me. He breaks down as he hugs me. "I knew you'd come back! I knew you'd come back." Jack says.

"I promised I'd be back." I say. Lizzie smiles and watches us, Lizzie grabs my bags for me. "Are you planning on staying for a few days?" Lizzie asks.

I nod. "Only if it's okay with you of course." Lizzie smiles. "Of course you can stay. You can stay as long as.You need to. You're always welcome here when you need a place to stay. Not now but later me and you are gonna have a talk." Lizzie says.

I nod. I pick up Jackson and carry him upstairs to my room. I open the door to my room, my room was still the same as last time.

I had a poster of Tobin, Kelly, Ash and Ali hung up in my room. I see my old soccer cleats and torn up soccer ball.

I set Jackson down on the bed. I take off my shoes and unpack my bags, I fold up my clothes and put them into my old dresser.

I throw my phone in the charger since it was dead. After 30 minutes my phone start blowing up from the texts and missed calls I got when my phone was dead.

Of course it was from the girls on the team.

Hope: Please answer

Kelly: Come on kid. Where are you?

Tobin: Please return my phone calls so I know your okay.

Mom: Please come home Gwen I'm sorry

Mama: Please come Back Home. We are extremely worried.

Mal: Please call me, I miss hearing your voice. I'm really worried about you.

There were a bunch more messages. I swipe up, and turn off my phone. I grab Jackson and go back downstairs.

I grab the phone of the hook to the old landline. I spin the thing and punch in the number I wanna call. I hold phone up to my ear and wait for them to pick up.

They pick up. It's been 2 Days since I've left.

"Hello?" They ask.

"Hey Erin." I say.

"Gwen? Oh my god where have you been?" Erin asks.

"Relax I'm okay. I'm in New York." I say.

"What are you doing in New York?" Erin asks.

"Just decided to leave town. I knew people would come looking for me, I just wanna be alone so I left town." I say.

"It's good to hear your voice." Erin says.

"I'm sorry about ditching school and detention." I say.

"Look don't worry about the detentions. You don't have to do them, your just suspended for a week. " Erin says.

"Okay.... Thank you. I gotta go, I'll call you again soon." I say.

"Take care of yourself." Erin says.

"Yeah you too." I say.

"And Gwen?" Erin asks.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Come back home soon." Erin says.

"Soon. Not yet but soon." I say.

I hang up. I enter another number and hold the phone up to my ear, I wait for her to pick up.