Ch.14: I need a favor

The plane lands 6 hours later. We get off the plane and go into the airport and go to the baggage claim to get our stuff. I get my bags and the rest of my stuff, my phone starts going off, I sigh and set my bags down. I pull my phone out from my pocket and click 'Accept' and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey Gwen. I need your help with something." They say.

"What do you need help with?" I ask.

Ash and Ali are confused but concerned and walk over to me.

"What do you need my help with?" I ask again.

"King pin. He's in New York, I need your help to bring him down." They say. "No more questions, I'll explain more in person. I'll give you a location to meet me at. I'll give you more information tomorrow, goodbye for now." They say.

They hangup. I sigh, I turn my phone off and put it back into my pocket. I look at Ash and Ali.

"Come on let's go home." I say.

They are hesitant at first but then give in. we leave the airport and go to Ash's car, we throw all of our things in the trunk and then all climb into the car.

Ash drives off taking us back to the house. My new house, my new home. It was quiet, no music and no one was talking. Sloane was passed out in her car seat next to me.

"Who was on the phone?" Ali asks.

I answer honestly. "I don't know. They didn't say their name. They told me that there is some man in New York City and they they need my help to bring this man down. They didn't go to much into detail other than they'll give me more info about it tomorrow and they're giving me a location to meet them at tomorrow night. And then they hung up." I say.

Ash and Ali sit there quietly for a few moments. Then Ash decides to speak up.

"Do you trust this person? Is this something you really wanna do? You really wanna go to New York and help this person take down this man?" Ash asks.

All the questions I've been asking myself since the phone call. "I don't know if I do trust them or not. But I have until tomorrow to decide." I say.

"Okay but whatever you decide to do, we are always gonna be behind you no matter what." Ash says.

Ali smiles and agrees. I smile and nod, it was quiet the rest of the way home. We get to the house, we get out. Ash grabs their bags, Ali grabs Sloane they go up to the front door, Ali unlocks the front door and they go inside. I stand there and look at the house taking it all in.

I'm lost in thought that I don't even notice Ash is standing next to me

I'm lost in thought that I don't even notice Ash is standing next to me. "You okay Kiddo?" She asks.

"Yeah sorry. Just taking it all in and still trying to process that my parents are gone and now I've been adopted by Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger." I say.