Missing Star

They were gone. And not just the bodies, though that may sound morbid. The food on the table was also gone, even my milk was gone. Did they throw it all in the garbage? I looked around pensively, hoping that maybe I would at least catch one brother in the crowd of many people. But that was to no avail. Where could they have gone? They didn't leave me. They couldn't have left me. Xavier maybe, but not Chase. He was better than that.

They probably went looking for me because I took too long. But-no, that wouldn't make sense. Roman knew I was listening in. There is no way he would go on a meaningless scavenger hunt for me. Then again, I stopped listening after a while. How could he have known where I went afterwards?

I glanced at the table we were sitting at, and then at the various shops that resided in the mall. The places basically packing with people.

(A CHOICE HAS APPEARED!)

* Stay here for it to be easy for them to find you.

* Look for them.

The most logical choice would be-

"What are you just standing there for?" A familiar voice asked me. I looked around to see none other than Roman. Oh, thank god.

"Where did you guys go? I was gone for three minutes, tops!"

He tilted his head. His eyes narrowing.

"Why are you answering my question with another question?"

Roman's face showed annoyance. His eye twitching a little. Was I bothering him? 

"Because I could. And why are you?"

"Because I can."

I may have been having a little bit of fun. But before the little game could get out of hand, Chase showed up in front of us.

"There you are. Why did you take so long? Everybody was looking for you." He rubbed his temples after taking a long pause, "it's been a long day. Get ready to leave."

He glanced at Roman, giving him almost a questioning look. All Roman did was look away. His expression showing disinterest. I wonder how old he is. Is he older or younger? I wouldn't be surprised if someone said that he was the only a year older than me.

Chase stepped away from us, typing in some number on his phone, and putting it on his ear. Leaving Roman and I sitting together. I fiddled with my fingers before saying anything to him.

"How did you know I was there?" I whispered, hoping that Chase couldn't hear me.

"Why so many questions?" He complained. Laying his head on the table.

"I literally only asked you one."

Roman sighed.

"Have you heard of the concept of 'less is better'?"

I halted. After a heartbeat, I answered.

"Maybe." I reluctantly admit, pouting. I already know where he's going with this.

"Good." He gave me a quick and fake smile before looking away from me. What a weirdo.

After Chase's call, the rest of the brothers regrouped here. Xavier looked peeved, but he said nothing to me. In fact, none of them have really said a thing to me unless it was a small conversation. But they were always abruptly stopped, or they simply had no interest in me. Is it because of Asher?

"She's not my sister."

"She's not his daughter. You're lying. You must be. He wouldn't do that to me. He wouldn't."