2. BULLY

ू ₒ ु  ───  » » »   ↳ episode one ↴

ू ₒ ु ─── » » »   ↳ episode one

THIS WAS ONE OF the many reasons Melanie hated school. She hated how Angela always bullied El. Angela had no reason to bully her, she didn't even know anything about El, at all. As a matter of a fact, Angela didn't know anything about El or the Byers. They were just known as freaks to Angela and her little group.

The school bell rang. El hurried out of the classroom, leaving Melanie and Will behind. El wanted to avoid seeing anybody at this point. "El, it wasn't that bad," Will said, attempting to reassure her.

"Friends don't lie," El stammered. "Come on, yours was better than anybody else's." Melanie struggled to catch up. "We're not lying," the Byers boy aimed to convince her.

The girl did not answer. "El," the Byers children slightly called out in sync. "Come on," Will spoke, once again to get her attention.

                                    ✧──────✧

Melanie saw El walking toward the center, where all the students hung out. She pushed past everyone, aiming to catch up. Before she knew it, Angela had put her leg in front on purpose so she could trip in front of everyone.

"Oh my God," Angela bent down, laughing sarcastically. "I am so sorry. I hope Mr. Fibbly's okay." she chuckled along with her friends.

Once they were walking away, Melanie ran to El. "El, you okay?" instead of responding, she went to her knees.

Jake pushed El's project to the boy next to him, known as Tommy. Rather than returning it, he stepped on it. Melanie and El's faces dropped.

Melanie stood up, watching as they walked away. "Angela." the bullied turned around. "What the hell is wrong with you?" the blonde chuckled. "What?"

Melanie started breathing heavily. "Why are you constantly bullying her for no reason," the bullies stayed quiet. "Is it because daddy won't get you what you want?" the silence was filled with "ooh's" and laughter.

"What?!" the blonde exclaimed. Melanie stepped closer to them. "We don't always get what we want, Angela. You're going to have to learn and accept that someday," the blondie was receiving stares from everyone even from her group.

Angela did nothing but swallow in response. Before anything else could be said, a familiar voice was heard. "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!" the female teacher said, walking to the scene.

"Hey, what's going on here?" the teacher had finally pushed through everyone. "What's going on? Jane? Melanie?" the teacher walked up to the two.

"Jane," the teacher, known as Mrs. Gracey, put a hand on Jane's shoulder. "Did someone do this?" she waited for a response. "I tripped," Jane finally spoke.