1. TRAGIC PRESENTATION

ू ₒ ु  ───  » » »   ↳ episode one ↴

               ू ₒ ु  ───  » » » ↳ episode one

NORMAL, what an easy word, however so difficult to become. Normal is not in Melanie's vocabulary, she has never known how to be it. Not in Hawkins, much less California. Melanie missed being with her friends in Hawkins. It was her favorite, she missed watching movies, playing d&d, shopping, and playing pranks on the boys.

Melanie was in her room, staring at her image in the mirror. She kept picturing herself as different people, specifically two girls from school. They're known as Stacy and Angela, the most popular girls in the entire school.

Melanie was so distracted that she didn't hear the knock at the door. There was another knock but this time she heard it by the noise startling her.

"Melanie! Hurry up!" a familiar voice shouted from across the door. Melanie groaned, grabbing her bag. "I'm coming, I'm coming!"

She swung open her door. "It's time for school already?" the boy known as Will gave her an unbelievable look. "Are you serious right now?"

Melanie opened her mouth but nothing came out. After a moment, Will eventually let out a sigh of frustration. The two heard a beeping noise outside.

"Come on, Argyle's waiting for us," Will started walking away, leaving Melanie behind. She stood there, before catching up to him.

The Byers and El walked out of the house, holding their projects. When they got to the van, Will opened the door, letting the girls inside.

"Hold on to your butts, brochachos," Argyle instructed them with a grin on his face. Before Joyce could come outside and say goodbye they drove off.

Melanie stared out the window, shaking her leg as she clenched her fist tightly. School wasn't necessarily Melanie's favorite. Something would always go wrong, one way or another.

✧──────✧

Will, Melanie, and El walked toward the entrance of the school with Jonathan and Argyle behind them. Melanie could feel the stares they earned, everyone found them weird. According to them, the Byers were still known as the new people in town.

Will, El, and Melanie wandered through the halls, the Byers boy sent El a reassuring smile. Melanie eyed how confident they were, meanwhile, she was the complete opposite.

As they walked, a girl waved to her friend, who was behind Will, El, and Melanie. El waved back, thinking she was waving at her, unfortunately, she was not. El turned back, seeing the girl and her friend, which made her smile drop.

The three turned the corner, arriving at their classroom. El walked in first with Will helping her pass by. Melanie was the last one in, she watched as El pushed past a girl, named Stacy to get to her seat.