2 | Power and Potions

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER PEOPLE, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!" Michelle clapped her hands as she paced at the front of the office

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER PEOPLE, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!" Michelle clapped her hands as she paced at the front of the office. She had recruited everyone that worked for the paper for an immediate, can't-wait-until-after-breakfast meeting.

"Any and all scoop, gossip, or information, I don't care, that you have on James Potter and Sirius Black needs to be said here, and now!" Her nostrils flared as she looked around the room. Some looked through their notepads whilst others shot their hands up.

"I HEARD SIRIUS GETS LUPIN TO PLAIT HIS HAIR BEFORE BED!"

"That works, that works."

"MY SISTERS FRIENDS COUSIN TOLD ME THAT JAMES POTTER HAS THE HOTS FOR LILY EVANS!"

"Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone's known that since second year when his valentines went wrong. But thanks for that Kayla."

"JAMES AND SIRIUS SHARED A BED IN THEIR DORM FOR FOUR YEARS BECAUSE THEY WERE AFRAID OF THE DARK!"

"How the hell do you know that? I don't care that, that was good."

"JAMES CAN'T SLEEP WITHOUT A WARM GLASS OF MILK AT 8PM AND GOES INTO A STROP IF HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY!"

"Uh I'm writing these all down, all of them... ANYMORE?"

——-

Michelle had ended up with a whole page of embarrassing secrets with more to spare. It was beautiful. Her plan was formulating before her eyes, each puzzle piece satisfyingly slipped into place. Now all she had to do was write the first issue.

A weekly exposé on all the things James Potter and Sirius Black wish to keep hidden from the world. The things that are left better unsaid. The things that should never be published in a paper, would be published in News Flash.

Obviously they would still have all their usual columns about; extra curricular activities, Quidditch updates, recent announcements, an agony aunt column, and of course the new edition:EXPOSING POTTER AND BLACK!

Unoriginal? A little. But gripping? Obviously! Hogwarts' 'IT boys' being put under the microscope prodded and pinched to expose them. Michelle Fitzgerald wanted to see how much she could push their buttons.

Now she wasn't evil, there would obviously be an ultimatum. Apologise, publicly, or face the wrath of Fitzgerald. She was the storm that stripped away their make up, that left them bare faced and exposed.

She was knocked out of her day dream by Adiola, her chief editor and closest friend on the papers team.

"Don't tell me you're doing this because of the scene in the hall earlier?" Her eyebrows raised as she waited for an answer. Adiola crossed her arms as her eyes bored into Michelle's skin like knives would into a heart.