See You Soon

Set at the end of the week, morning of Annabeth's leave

"Percy," I mumble as I turn off my alarm. I had set it so I could finish packing up before my flight this afternoon.

Percy only pulls me closer to him and I love the way our bodies fit so well together. "Don't leave yet."

"Percy, come on. I have to get packed. I have to be back to college in a week."

"Stay here." He presses a kiss on my bare shoulder. "With me."

Oh how I wish I could.

"My flight is already paid for and I don't want to have to explain to my dad why I missed it. I'll never be able to travel again."

Percy sighs and slowly let's me go. We both climb out of bed, slip our clothes back on, and finish packing my bags.

"I'm going to miss you," he whispers. I wrap my arms around him.

"I'll miss you too," I tell him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "But remember, we'll call and text frequently and face time at least twice a week, okay? We'll work it out."

He just holds me closer.

🏝

The snow was now falling outside my apartment window and onto the busy streets. As much as I love the Christmas spirit, I hate the cold and the slush that the snow became on the days that were not quite cold enough. I wanted to get away.

I decide that it's time to visit Percy again. I have been saving up every pay check from Hestia just to surprise him with it.

My leg bounces up and down with a jittery nerve as I board my plane. I haven't seen him in person in months, and no matter what they tell you, FaceTime is not even close to being the same.

I wanted to be physically with him, to feel him hold me. To feel him touch me and kiss me. And I love the light in his eyes that no camera can capture, but it's only truly there if you're with him.

I also miss his voice and his laugh, which would never sound the same over a phone.

I just hope he misses me the same.

I enter the book store after I enjoy the air outside, still warm and smelling like the salt of the sea, because it always did. It reminds me of Percy.

"Sally!" I exclaim as I see her smiling face. She rushes around her desk to wrap me in a hug.

"Oh Annabeth! You came to visit! What a surprise..."

"What's wrong?" I ask, as her smile falters.

"Percy boarded a flight last night. He was going to surprise you."

I stare at her for a moment, not allowing myself to speak in fear of what words I might say in front of Sally.

Did he really have to fuck my whole plan up?

I heave out a sigh and collapse in a chair, resting my head in my hands. Tears burn in my eyes.

"Sweetie, don't cry. It'll be okay. We'll get it figured out, okay? His flight should be over by now and we can call him."

Just then, my phone rings and I see Seaweed Brain appear on my screen. I quickly answer the phone.

"Annabeth Chase, what does Piper mean by you left to visit me?"

"I'm sitting here with your mom in the bookstore. I wanted to surprise you."

"Shit. You should be disappointed in yourself. You're on the same Brain wavelength as me."

"Maybe you're just getting smarter?" I ask.

"Doubt it. I walked into a wall today and now Piper's questioning your taste in men. She's also very bitter because apparently you told her that sex with me was better than with her."

I'm thankful that the volume of my phone is not loud enough for Sally to hear, although I think my face turning bright red might give a bit away.

"First off, tell Piper that I said to just do better. Second, how are we meeting up?"

"I can get a flight back home, if you want. Just give me one minute." He's quiet for a moment, looking at tickets back.

"I was going to stay two weeks with you, but I can trade in my old one, it'll still cost a little bit extra, but not bad. The next flight out isn't until tomorrow though, so I'll have to stay here for the night."

"Okay... that'll have to work." We stay on the phone for a while longer, talking about anything and everything, before Piper steals his phone and begins talking with me.

"Annabeth, your boyfriend is actually the coolest, like what the fuck? Before he called you we were talking about our thing for blonds. He thinks Jason's cute too. I told him we could trade and I'd take you."

"Not happening!" I hear Percy yell.

"Sounds like he doesn't like that idea," I tell her.

"He doesn't, but I do. I'm thinking I leave him alone with Jason for a bit, let them get to know each other and then offer the trade again."

"Piper, I love you-"

"I know."

"But I love Percy too."

"No, you don't."

She continues to attempt to persuade me to dump him for her, which I would totally agree to if it weren't for the fact that... he's Percy.

"I'm sorry, Piper."

"It's okay, I still love you."

"Love you too. Can you give Percy the phone back though?"

🏝

"Percy!" I yell through the crowd of people exiting the airport. He whips around and we're running towards each other. We're holding each other close.

"I'm so happy that-" I plant a kiss on his lips, and he pulls me in closer.

"I missed you," I tell him, pulling away just barely enough to speak. "Don't ever try to surprise me again."

He laughs and kisses me again.

We stay like that for a while, lips locked, even as people pass by us and try hard not to stare.

"Ready for another adventure?" He asks.

"You bet."

Although this ending seems like THE ENDING, I promise it's not. I still have a few chapters coming out.