Chapter 5: Swimming In Points

Start from the beginning

"Hehe so you're planning to make him one"

' If only you know what he did to you Sato' someone thought as she sent a pity glance to the girl.

Ayanokoji was eagerly writing something in a paper a list of names from boys and girls and after he finished, he went to each person if they were interested in betting and soon i was crowded.

"I bet for Onodera for girls, she's in the swimming club afterall!"

"Me too!"

"Oii Sudo you better win this!"

"Of course i'll win!"

"As expected of Sudo!, i'll bet for Sudo then"

"Of course i'll bet for myself, i was nicknamed the 'flying fish' afterall.. hmph, you better bet to me Hondo"

"Alright..you'll be my last option"

"If you want to bet, then sign this contract first, so no one would be able to back out when they lose" i said as i showed them a contract, most of them signed without reading the full contract.

They probably thought it was one of those terms and condition and they just click accept not bothering to read it.

Each bet was 2,000 private points, and the favorites were Onodera from the girls side and Sudo in the boys side. There were only atleast 4 students who didn't partake in the betting.

"Sato are you sure you're going to bet your points to me?" i asked her since she was the only one who didn't vote for Sudo for boys,Yamauchi was the only odd one voting for himself,if you exclude me.

"I knew you can win this Ayanokoji-kun!" she said with stars in her eyes as if she was cheering me.

Damn it, Sato. That doesn't make me happy at all. My winnings from the boys side would be halved!

"I'm just average at swimming, and with Sudo in the competition, my chances would be much lower" i said as i tried to convince her from

"Don't worry Ayanokoji-kun, i believe in you!" she said with full confidence.

What's with this girl!

"Also i-if you win..then maybe...just maybe!...we could go on a date" she was looking down as if trying to hide her face although i could i see her ears were red.

So that's it huh.

"Sato"

"Ahh, f-forget what i just said Ayanokoji-kun" she began hiding her face and went red all over her face, the others were all staring at us,most of them have skeptical looks. Well i didn't really have a good reputation so it can't be helped.

"Sato do you know how to swim?" i asked her.

"N-not really, i could barely float hehe" she said embarassed.

"Why don't i teach you personally for free" i offered in a soft tone where she could only hear.

"Really?!"

"Yes, you just have to rescind your vote, then i would gladly teach you just the two of us, also you don't want to lose your points right?"

"Alright, i'll change it to Sudo then" she said. I put Sudo's name beside her to indicate that she voted for Sudo.

She only voted for me since she wanted my attention, just like Yamauchi and the others voting for Kushida eventhough Onodera was the best choice.
If i offered that i could teach her to swim personally with just the two of us as long as she rescind her vote then her goal of getting my attention and spending time with her could be considered a date, a win-win situation for her.