𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟐𝟒

Start from the beginning

"...You would cry for me."

Kageyama bit his lip and stared at her for a moment. He shook his head and buried his head on her shoulder to hide his tears. "Shut up... I-I'm not...! I'm not... crying...!"

"You areee~" (Y/N) embraced him and caressed the back of his head. "There, there. Let it all out. It's alright. Thank you for crying for me. I'm okay now, everything is going to become alright now. Don't worry."

"Y-You're the one who's supposed to be crying... you little shit...!" Kageyama cursed while sobbing and wrapping his arms around her body.

"Hey! I cried, too, you know! Only a little though," (Y/N) playfully told him and cupped his cheeks to wipe his tears with her thumb. She noticed his stare and tilted her head in confusion. "Hm? What's wrong?"

"...Can I look at your horn?"

"Oh sure, it isn't there anymore though."

The ravenette swept some of her (H/C) locks to look at her. He narrowed his eyes at the scarred area. So this is where they cut her... this is the cause of her headaches. He gritted his teeth. Just imagining the pain his bestfriend went through made him boil in anger. It's over now, she's alright and she's with me—with us. He gently stroked her (S/C) skin and placed his lips on the place where (Y/N)'s oni horn was previously at. That's more than enough.

Unbeknownst his uncharacteristic intimate action made (Y/N) flushed. What the heck was that...? Holy shit, that was so un-Tobio like! Calm down... calm down... She panicked inside his head before patting and combing his dark locks to calm herself down. She caught his look of deep thought and asked, "What are you thinking about over there?"

Kageyama shook his head. "Nothing really. I'm still shocked about a lot of things, but I kind of understand it since you taught me a lot of Greek mythology."

(Y/N) blinked. "Oh, so you're still shocked? Well that's a given. Learning that your bestfriend can kind of manipulate a lot of things kinda gives the spooks to a lot."

Kageyama cringed. "Why would I be spooked? You're not one to use that mageia of yours without a good reason. I'd get super mad if you tried erasing my memories though. Like seriously." He glared at her.

"...I definitely won't do that. I'm sorry. I swear I won't do it."

"You swear?"

"I swear! And, hei hei, I'll even give you my pinky as a promise!"

"Don't give it." She really speaks that way, doesn't she? The 'hei hei' of hers. She said that she got it from her father, right? Wait... His eyes widened in realization and guessed, "Wait... I suddenly remember the 'Kou' you mentioned. It kinda matches up... Huh... no way, right?" (Y/N) hummed questioningly and waited for him to finish. "Didn't Bokuto-san suddenly yell out a 'Mori' yesterday when (M/N)-san was talking about (F/N)-san?"

"Yes, he did..." (Y/N) trailed off. "Gasp... don't tell me..."

The two pointed at each other and in unison, they went, "He's Kou!"

"The names match up, too!" (Y/N) said.

"Yeah, and he says that 'hey, hey' catchphrase!" Kageyama added. He grinned and hugged her out of excitement. He never would have thought that his carefree bestfriend would have been through so much, so after hearing how much she struggled and experienced to reach this point. Honestly, he just felt so... glad for her. He couldn't describe the happiness he had when (Y/N) receives what she deserved. "You met him again," he mumbled.

Little tears of joy dropped on the corner of (Y/N)'s eyes. She laughed. "Yeah... I did...!" She pulled away, so that she could look at him properly. "Seriously though... thank you for listening, Tobio. Although you weren't the first one to find out my identity, you were the first one whom I told all of this chaos in my mind. It feels like a huge boulder has been lifted up from my shoulders!" She cheerfully mused with stretched arms.