•~chapter thirty-five: a cold~•

Comincia dall'inizio

Hmmm. It smells like ginger... he thought, as he took a nice, long, sip of the tea.

He was so intent on drinking his tea, that he didn't notice that Kanao had written another message in her notebook.

I'll be borrowing your kitchen, she wrote.

Tanjiro nodded, and with that seal of approval, Kanao set off.

Tanjiro listened to the sounds of quick chopping of vegetables and other ingredients coming from the kitchen. Within minutes, Kanao was back, now holding a tray of piping hot soup.

Do you think you can eat a bit? she wrote. Tanjiro nodded gratefully.

Kanao blew some steam off the thermos of soup, and she held out a spoonful close to Tanjiro's mouth.

It took him a few minutes to process that she was doing. Once he realized that Kanao was trying to actually feed him, he waved his hands around his face, saying "No, I can do it! It's fine, it's fine!"

Kanao suddenly realized how embarrassing her actions were just now. Her face was the same color as Tanjiro's hair as she quickly handed the bowl of soup over to him.

After he ate, he thanked Kanao. "Thank you very much Kanao, that soup was very nice."

Kanao nodded softly, and she wrote, I'm going to clean up now.

Tanjiro nodded, and he watched her as she left the room.

Kanao cleaned up her mess of vegetables and dishes in the kitchen. When she came back to Tanjiro's room, she saw that he had fallen asleep.

She sat of his bed quietly, being careful not to wake him. She noticed that his hand was exposed and it was not under the blankets.

After looking around cautiously (even there was nobody else in the house), she placed her hand on top of his.

She smiled softly, but she didn't get to enjoy the moment for long. She heard the door of Tanjiro's room slam open, and she whirled around in terror.

There was Zenitsu, standing at the door.

"Tanjiro, are you okay? I saw Nezuko-chan walking down the street with the rest of your family, but I didn't see you! So when I asked her where you were, she said you were sick at home! So, as her boyf- I mean, her best friend, I decided to come over here and check up on you!"

When he received no reply, he processed what he saw in the room; Kanao, holding Tanjiro's hand.

"Oh, Kanao-san, you're here too?" he mumbled, as realization dawned on him. "Well, I see how it is."

Kanao suddenly shook her head violently, completely shocking Zenitsu.

"K-kanao-san, you're going to break your neck if you keep doing that!"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•
A/N

Thanks guys, for continuing to read! Even though the updates are slow and hectic, you guys keep reading and I'm really thankful.

There's not much for me to say, except I'm disappearing off the face of the Earth again.

Haha, just kidding. The next update will take pretty long, so please hang in there.

Bye bye, everyone! Thanks again!

P

P.S. I love Lumine and Aether so much...but they're the second place pair of Genshin siblings in my heart....my favorites will always be Kamisato Ayato and Ayaka <3 also live laugh Rui <3

Word Count: 1165 Words <3