"I... can't live like this." Taco's tone dropped, as she circled the room again, trying so hard to take everything in again.

"What..?"

"I don't-- I don't know... what he did to me... I barely even... remember him at this point, but... He's ruined me."

"Taco, you're more than--"

"It certainly doesn't feel like I am." she cut Mic off. "My head constantly feels like it's splitting apart, and I can barely even remember any of the past two years of my life!" Taco turned around to face Mic, furious.

"I'm trying so hard to remain composed, and I'm trying so hard to remember anything I can about us and what happened but it's GONE..." Taco clenched her fists.

"It's... gone." Taco fell to her knees, a sense of defeat washing over her as Microphone finally quickly moved over to her side.

"I..." Microphone paused, taking a bit to form her words as she held Taco close, in a safe embrace.

"We'll just have to make new memories then. If... You can't remember most of it... You still have so much life left. I'm not going to give up on you, no matter how hard it gets, because I've already stuck around this long."

Through the embrace, Mic could hear Taco take in a shaky breath.

"I... Don't deserve you." She finally returned the embrace.

"Yes you do, Taco. I promise you do."

~

Visiting hour at Meeple city prison. An object sat at the table, across from Steve Cobs, who had been arrested almost a week prior for proof of endangerment of the city, and assault.

The object that sat across from him remained composed as they took up small talk, the object soon taking the lead of the conversation with more serious matters.

"Your plan failed, sir. The egg, and any reason for it to return is gone."

"WHAT." Cobs sneered, not having meant to raise his voice.

The object across from him cleared its throat, as Cobs took this as a sign to compose himself so as to not arouse suspicion from the guards, who were already keeping a close eye on him.

"Excuse me." Cobs said sheepishly, adjusting his glasses, and his attitude quickly.

"Good news though, I've kept a close eye on that other component. The machine may be destroyed, but we still have... the back-up plan." The object smiled. Cobs just motioned for it to continue talking, not having anything to add to the conversation at the moment.

The object leaned back in its seat, looking at a clock on the wall. Visiting hours were almost up. It cleared its throat.

"The good thing about being the richest object in the city, your bail price has been met, and your legal team will be in contact as soon as you're out for the time being. This case will run smoothly, I can assure you." The object kept a grin on its face.

"Finally, some good news."

"Of course, sir. Things may not be running smoothly just yet, but I can assure you, they will be."

"Great to hear. I will contact you when I'm out."

The object would nod, now extending a mechanical arm to shake Cobs, in which he accepted the hand-shake.

"See you soon then."

"Of course." Cobs smiled, as the object retracted its arm, now standing to make its leave. It still had plenty of work to get back to, after all.