Mono sneakily went through the house, drawing closer to the melodic sound. As he walked through the house, he tried his best to not let his instincts take control and run out every time he saw something that creeped him out. The house wasn't in the best shape, but it didn't come as a surprise since he doubted that The Hunter even bothered to take care of it. He walked down some stairs, hearing the music get louder. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he saw a boarded up room, the sound coming from it. There was no possibility that this could be The Hunter now, so he continued.

Walking silently over to the room, Mono peered inside using a small hole in one of the pieces of wood. A small gasp escaped his lips when he saw the kid, sitting there alive, and indeed being the one playing the music. He got excited to know that there was a chance to actually help the kid and get out alive. Knowing he was nowhere near strong enough to pull the boards off, he scampered off to find something to help.

He walked into the other room, which was wide open. Luckily, after some digging around and trying things, he found an axe that was conveniently big enough for him to carry, or well, drag with him. He was too weak to carry the axe, but he hoped he wasn't too weak to use it.

Mono slowly dragged the axe with him to the room with the kid, and checked for any noises other than the music and the kid, who had gone silent themselves. When he heard none, he lifted up the axe and struck the wood separating him from the kid. He continued to strike the wood, trying to quickly take it down before The Hunter came, not worrying too much about the sound he was making. Every time he hit the wood, he could feel it break a bit and his muscles, which were slow with exhaustion beforehand, were now stronger with adrenaline.

The barricade eventually came down, allowing Mono to enter the dust filled room. The kid had run under the table further in the room, and Mono could tell that they were scared of him, but he couldn't really blame them, he would be scared too. He then slowly walked forward and started to crouch, trying to tell the other that he wasn't a threat. When he felt like he got close enough, he held out his hand, offering for the kid to grab it. Mono hoped that the kid would, so then he might be able to get the other to trust him a bit.

The kid looked at Mono cautiously, not knowing if he could trust the stranger or not. He didn't know them, and he certainly didn't know if they were working with the other masked man or not. Though as he continued to stare at the other, he felt like maybe he could trust them somewhat. He didn't know exactly why, but he felt like the other wasn't going to hurt him, maybe it was because they were offering their hand or because he was pretty desperate at this point with his whole body in pain.

Whatever it was, it caused him to slowly crawl out from under the table, and very hesitantly reach for the paper bag kid's hand. Right as he was about to grab their hand, a gunshot was heard nearby. The kid freaked out, and instead of getting Mono's hand he stood up and ran past Mono, accidently hitting his shoulder as he passed.

Mono stood there shocked, but soon ran after the kid, fearing that The Hunter would hurt them again. They almost grabbed his hand, and The Hunter had to ruin everything again. He ran through the house, fear making him careless, as he thought about The Hunter being near. He didn't want to die and be just another carcass in a pile of bodies, to be forgotten by the world as he decayed.

He continued to run after the kid, noticing that they were running towards the direction of the kitchen, where he had entered the house at. He tried to reach for them, and calm them down before they alert The Hunter that they were there, to tell them that he was there to help.

It was too late.

The Hunter busted through the kitchen door, knocking the kid over into the floor, stunning them. The Hunter looked shocked at first, as he stood there frozen. It only lasted a split second, and he aimed his gun at the kid, ready to shoot them without hesitation.