"Hi, I'm Roger." A man, who Dalton guessed to be her husband, walked up and shook Lorraine's hand.

"Lorraine." She responded and shook his hand before Dalton stepped forward.

"Dalton Ford. Nice to meet you." He smiled and shook his hand before pulling it back hesitantly. He stared at the dark mass behind the couples back, before glancing at Lorraine to notice she had seen it too. She nodded slightly at him before showing a smile at Carolyn and Roger.

"Hey, nice to meet you, Roger. Ed Warren." Ed shook his hand.

"Thanks for coming." Roger responded.

"Oh, my god. Look at you all." Lorraine smiled, noticing the girls in the living that were all lined up. "Who are these beautiful young women?"

"This is Andrea, the oldest, Nancy, Cindy, Christine, and April. It's Mr and Mrs. Warren and Dalton Ford." Carolyn said, gesturing to each of the girls before introducing them. Dalton glanced up the stairs, looking around the house until Lorraine grabbed his forearm. He turned to her and saw that her frightened eyes were set on the girls. Following her gaze, he noticed the black mass from before behind the five girls, latching to their backs. He tried to hide his fear, smiling weakly at Carolyn before glancing uneasily at Lorraine.

"We, um, we're all sleeping down here now." Carolyn said, picking up a few blankets on the floor and moving them out of the way. "The girls feel safer and it's warmer. I'm constantly turning up the heat, but the house is always freezing."

"It's not a problem with the furnace, though. I mean, not that I can find." Roger said. Dalton, Ed, and Lorraine just looked around the house. Dalton once again glanced up the stairs, not liking the sight. Suddenly, he felt uneasy and chills were sent down his spine as he felt a bad presence behind him. He turned around to look but it seemed to follow his movements and hide from his sight. Lorraine stared at the space behind him in fear, which made him furrow his eyebrows confusedly.

"It's gotten a lot worse the past few nights. There's this awful smell, like rotting meat. It moves around the house." Carolyn said, keeping Dalton from questioning Lorraine. Ed glanced at him with a knowing expression after hearing Carolyn and he returned it. "What? What is it?" She asked after seeing the two men trade glances.

"Well, rancid smells could indicate some type of demonic activity." Ed answered, sighing as Carolyn's face turned to fear.

"Oh, my god." She breathed out, looking at Roger who had the same expression.

Dalton noticed the ropes wrapped around the door handles behind him, Roger noticed and said, "That's to keep those doors from banging at night. Otherwise, it's like..." He banged on the wall three times, "All night long, just like that."

"Does it come in intervals of three?" Dalton asked and Roger nodded, giving a short 'yeah'.

"It stops at dawn?" Ed asked and Roger nodded once again. "Well, sometimes it's meant as an insult to the trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

That's all Dalton needed to know that the house was clearly oppressed and that the spirit had grown an attachment to the family living in it.

"You know, it's the damnedest thing, but we also get all kinds of birds that will just fly into the side of the house and break their necks." Roger informed them as they walked up the stairs.

"And the clocks stop at 3:07 A.M." Carolyn added.

"All of them?" Lorraine asked.

"Every one." Carolyn confirmed. They started to walk down the hallway but Lorraine stopped at a picture frame, holding it up and smiling to herself. "Uh, we were hanging those on the stairs. Something just kept knocking them down, so we stopped hanging them up."

Dalton glanced at the picture frame as he walked by, not seeing whatever Lorraine saw as she clearly did see something. Although he still felt a presence practically on his back. He tried to ignore it, shaking it off as he followed Carolyn and Lorraine into a bedroom, Roger and Ed right behind him.

"That's what I was talking about." Carolyn said. Dalton peeked into the room and saw a wooden wardrobe. "It was here when we moved in. There's also a lot of stuff in the cellar."

Dalton's head shot up when he heard about the cellar. He glanced at Lorraine and saw her nod before he looked at Carolyn, "Show me the cellar."

<><><><>

Dalton stood beside Lorraine in the middle of the cellar. Both of their eyes were closed as they tried to focus. All of a sudden Dalton's eyes shot open and he tried to catch his breath, Lorraine did the same before Ed leaned forward in questioning.

"Picking up anything in here?" Ed asked.

Lorraine looked at Dalton, who looked fearful as he glanced around the crowded cellar. That was all she needed to understand he saw the same thing, "Something awful happened here, Ed."