"i was just thinking that," harry giggles.

"i know. i can read your mind," zayn says.

high harry almost believes him for a second.

"yeah? then what am i thinking of right now?" harry asks.

"you're thinking, i really want to kiss you right now," zayn says.

"that's cheating. because i'm always thinking that," harry says.

"yeah?" zayn smirks. "come kiss me then."

harry leans up and pecks zayn.

"that's not a kiss," zayn complains. "kiss me like you mean it."

harry rolls his eyes. sitting up and dragging zayn in for an aggressive kiss. soon they're both making out. it doesn't get further than that though. after a while, they stop and stare at each others eyes.

"i love you," zayn says. "everything about you. it feels like you were made for me."

harry smiles, blushing. "thank you."

"it's not a compliment," zayn says. "i mean it. you're perfect."

harry doesn't believe that, but he likes the way it makes him feel when zayn says that. especially since zayn is the perfect one.

"i love you." harry says simply.

...

present

"thank you all for coming," zayn says to his friends. niall, liam and justin. he took careful consideration before calling them all. he knows that harry didn't want anyone to know about his family and zeke, and he's betraying harry's trust by telling their friends but harry's mom left him no choice. he's scared of what would happen to harry and he needs all the help he can get.

"what's going on?" liam asks.

"it's about harry," justin says.

"yeah, justin and i have decided to put our differences aside... for now. harry is in danger,"

"what?" niall asks. "how?"

zayn takes a sigh. "so, harry has a stepbrother..."

after a couple of minutes narrating the story to his friends, everyone is pensive, and thinking.

"he never told me all this," niall says, shocked. "i'm his best friend and... and he was going through this without mentioning it once."

"he didn't tell me either," zayn says. "he was ashamed, he shouldn't have been because he's the victim. it's all so fucked up."

"what can we do to help?" liam says.

"we need to find that zeke fúcker first of all," zayn says. "i'm banned from visiting harry at the hospital, so you guys take turns to go there, i don't trust harry's mom. she might do something to harm him."

"we also told to the police what we know, didn't sound like they believed us but it's best they knew," zayn says.

"he was going through all this pain this whole time," niall realizes. "he never told anyone. he just kept it in."

"i know niall. i should have known. i was his boyfriend and he didn't trust me either. and i hurt him too," zayn adds.

"i was so angry about him not remembering me and him sleeping with everyone else when i had feelings for him, i treated him like he wasn't a human with feelings," justin says. "i only cared about myself and my anger, i forgot he was a real person too."