She's an angel now (part 2)

TW: vormir, death,

cursive = flashbacks

previously:
I definitely did not expect the person I saw in front of me. I looked at the person in shock before she spoke up.
"Hello my dear sister in law" Yelena said looking right into my eyes.

Y/n POV:
"Are you going to let me or what?" she said raising an eyebrow. I swallowed letting her in still holding the gun behind my back.

"If I was you I would put the gun away, I'm not here to hurt you" she said, her accent clear in her voice. Even tho Yelena is a bit younger than I am, she can still be terrifying.

I slowly laid the gun back into the top drawer of the dresser while Yelena watched every move I made. She took the picture from the dresser and looked at it, "You had so much time with her" she chuckled dryly and I looked down so she wouldn't see the tears in my eyes.

"Yelena it's 1am, are you-are you here to kill me or what are you here for that couldn't wait until tomorrow?" I asked cautiously. "I want you to tell me what happened to my sister" she said pointing at me and emphasizing the word 'you'.

She walked over to the couch and sat down crossing her legs and leaning back waiting for me to sit down too. "So?" she asked expectantly. "Why didn't you just read it, I mean it's all over the news." I shrugged sitting down. "No" she commanded, "I wanna hear it from you."

flashback:
"See you in a minute" I heard my wife call out as we all stood in a circle on the time machine thing. Everyones helmet pulled themself over their head and the machine started. Everyone traveled back to where they had to. Nat and I landed on some planet with Rhodes and Nebula.

After they went their way, Nat and I got into the jet and flew to another planet. We made jokes and laughed on the way and at this moment everything was okay considering the circumstances, for now...

We landed on a planet and got out of the jet. We had to walk up some mountain so we started walking, arrived at the top we looked for the stone when some red floating guy suddenly started talking. "Natasha. Daughter of Ivan. Y/n daughter of Y/f/n" Nat and I immediately pulled out our weapons turning around.

"Consider me a guide to you and to all who seek the soul stone" this thing said and Natasha started to speak. "oh good you tell us where it is then we'll be on our way."

He guided us to some cliff and Nat and I followed him looking down "In order to take the stone, you must lose what you love. A soul for a soul" he said and it clicked in my head. One of us had to die...

Natasha and I started to argue about who it's gotta be and that we can't think of another way. "If we don't get that stone, millions of people stay dead and Layla will never meet her aunt Yelena." she said and I nodded "well I guess we both know who's gotta be",

"I guess we do" she answered and I smiled at her before kicking her to the ground and starting to run.

Natasha ran after me and brought me to the ground "tell Layla I love her" she said before shooting a widow bite at me. She started running but I shot up running after her, I tackled her to the ground and said "tell her yourself"

I again started running and jumped as I was on the edge of the cliff. I was ready, ready to die for those million people and for Layla to be with her mother.

Shortly after I fell Nat jumped after me and attached one of her climbing hooks to me and attached me to the wall of the cliff. I was dangling down from the cliff while I tried desperately not to let her slip out of my hand. "damn you" I said out of breath to which she tried to calm me with one of her warm smiles.

"Nat please don't, Layla needs you" I sobbed, "please Tell her I love her more than anything else." nat smiled, "Let me go my love, it's okay" she whispered and I begged her not to. She gave me one last smile before kicking herself off of the cliff and letting go of my hand. "NOO, NAT NO" I screamed from the top of my lungs as I saw the love of my life falling to her death.

-end of flashback-

"So you're telling me, she sacrificed herself, why would she do that? The world never showed her appreciation" Yelena said processing everything I just told her. "Yeah I know, but she wanted you to live and  meet your niece Layla",

"Wai- my-my niece?" Yelena questioned as her eyes got glossy and as if on cue my daughter came waddling down the stairs with her stuffed bear in her arms.

"momma I can't sleep." she said standing in front of me stretching out her arms "up" she demanded playfully and I pulled her into me sitting her on my lap. She laid her head on my shoulder and asked "who is this?"

"That's your aunt Yelena, she is mommy's sister" I told my daughter gently, "hello aunt Yelena" she waved at her before closing her eyes getting comfy.

"Nat never told me about her" Yelena frowned. "She was born in the blip, bruce somehow managed to mix mine and nats DNA and I became pregnant. Nat always talked to Layla about you, of how much she is going to love you and that she had to wait a little longer to meet you."

I gently rocked my daughter so she would fall asleep again and went to tuck her into bed then I walked down again to see Yelena on the couch with her face in her hands. I sat down next to her and she spoke up. "You had so much time with her it's not fair" she sobbed and looked at my lap. She just wanted her sister.

I then remembered a promise I made to Nat long ago, I promised her that if something was to ever happen to her I'm going to look after her sister and make sure she's not alone. 

Heyyyyy, do you guys want a part 3 to that? Cause I don't knowwwwww. Oh well, stay safe and stay tuned<3
29/07/22
1087 words