scum reader's self saving system. (orv, joongdok)

crossposted on ao3 !!

description: idk if this counts as crack or not. the joongdok svsss au that nobody asked for. sorry if this is like messy. ik they r korean but for this im too lazy to research so they're going to be korean still but the stuff like the cultivation and shit is gonna be chinese still like svsss. this is very self-indulgent. i haven't seen anyone doing joongdok svsss au so i thought fine let me write it myself then. gl reading this bc it's gonna be a long ride!!!

svsss novel spoilers !! + also some stuff may be the same as svsss novel while some stuff i've changed up.

i didn't mean for this to be all in lower caps but it's a habit for me to type in all lowercaps so lowercaps r intended !!

-

kim dokja stared at the screen in front of him with a baffled expression and a frown.

what the hell? these people must be brainwashed!! he thought as he scrolled through the comment section filled with praises towards the author.

xlianlvr
this novel was amazing!! thank you author-nim was the amazing novel!!
chuuyasbf
thank you for your handwork author-nim! i really enjoyed it :D
persona5fan
this was the best novel i've ever read omg
...
....
......

not a single bad thing about the novel was seen written in the sea of comments. kim dokja couldn't believe his own eyes. there was just no way that these people weren't all bots.

clearly these people haven't ever read a novel before that was actually GOOD.

how could they say that this was basically the novel of the year? this novel was trash!! of course, in kim dokja's opinion. even he, a reader who has never written a novel in his life before, can write something way better than whatever the fuck this novel was.

'The SSSSS-Grade Demonic Disciple' by HSY123 was the number one trending web novel of the year, with the plot consisting of a protagonist name yoo joonghyuk who grew up with a terrible childhood and got picked up by a cultivator, but was abused by him.

his shizun (master) who was the one that picked him up and made him into his disciple had attempted to kill him by pushing him off a cliff after finding out that he was a pure half demon. but of course, he was the protagonist, he wasn't going to die that easily. so, he came back more powerful than ever years later, acquired a harem of over 300 women and got revenge on his former shizun who had abused then attempted to murder him.

yep, that was it. that was the whole plot.

kim dokja hated this novel with a burning passion. he would do anything for this novel to be deleted. it was a disgrace to the human kind. who the hell came up with such a novel and why was it number one trending for three whole years?!

he had been reading web novels as a hobby for over 10 years of his life and never in the span of 10 years has he ever seen such bullshit before.

kim dokja followed up with the novel for those three whole years and read everything from chapter one to chapter one fucking thousand. you might be wondering why the fuck he would do that if this novel was shit. well, kim dokja wanted to see if the novel would get any better because of all the hype that it was getting.

and even after finishing the final chapter, he still didn't have any idea. he thought that these people who read the novel and loved it were definitely brainwashed idiots. it was either that or they were all actually bots.

everything about the novel was so badly written. the characters were shit. the plot was all over the place with plot holes everywhere. everything was predictable and nothing about it made sense at all.