"Mike I-" Melanie sighs, pulling herself together and looking at the ground after pulling away, fidgeting with her fingers.

"I found a uh-portal you could say-it definitely wasn't a gate, it closed after I entered but, um. I went to the Upside Down and, uh, saw the Demogorgon."

Mike looks straight at Melanie as she looked up at him.

"I was lucky to get away. I didn't see anything or anyone else, but it looked just like Hawkins. Just dark and empty, like Will said. And it was terrifying." Melanie told him in more of a whisper.

Mike pulled her into a really tight hug, letting her cry onto his shoulder a little bit.

Melanie spent the night at Mike's that night, in the basement on the couch. Mike stayed with her the whole night

Mike was telling Melanie what happened with El and Lucas, and he got angry and tore the fort he made for El down, kicking it over and over again.

It was a rough night.

Melanie crawling under the covers on the bed and Mike started getting comfortable on the thin rug on the floor.

"Mike?" Melanie calls out softly.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come up here?" Mike simply nods and gets onto the couch with Melanie. Melanie wraps her arms around his torso, causing him to tense up before wrapping his arms around her and kissing her forehead before falling asleep.

MELANIE DIDN'T SLEEP. She couldn't. Every time she closed her eyes, all she saw was the Demogorgon. All she saw were images of the Upside Down.

"Mel." Jonathan whispers from the top of the basement stairs, making Melanie look up. She was still in Mike's embrace, and she was the whole night. Jonathan waves his hand, and Melanie gets up and follows him up to Nancy's room, careful not to wake Mike.

Shutting the door quietly and locking it behind her, Melanie walks and sits on Nancy's bed, beside her, leaving her in between Melanie and Jonathan.

"Mel, you said the Demogorgon was feeding?" Nancy asks for confirmation, earning a nod from Melanie.

"Yeah, on that deer." She answers, "That means that if Will and Barbra..." Melanie goes silent, looking up at the roof.

"Hey," Jonathan calls out, causing Melanie to look at him, "My mom said she talked to Will-"

"Yeah, I did too. But it seems as though things can happen pretty quickly there."

"There's a chance they're still out there."

"That means they're trapped in that...place." Nancy comments, "We have to find it again." Melanie puts her head in her hands and shakes her head, not willing to do that again.