006

THE MONSTER

"NANCY! JONATHAN! ANYONE!" Melanie screams, hoping someone would help her, but at that time, she felt hopeless.

The portal in the tree that she had crawled through has closed up, and now she was stuck in the Upside Down with an angry Demogorgon chasing her.

Tears rushed down her face at the thought of being eaten, the thought of never seeing her friends again, the thought of being trapped here forever.

And even if she did find Will, what could they even say without being eaten alive?

"Please!" She calls out, quieter this time, more hopeless.

Melanie could hear Nancy and Jonathan calling out for her in the other dimension, so she starts screaming even louder.

"Jonathan! Nancy! I-I'm right here!"

"Just follow my voice!" She hears Jonathan call out.

"Jonathan!"

"Follow my voice, Mel!"

She does so, hoping this would help, but when she turns to where she heard Jonathan's voice from, she is met with the Demogorgon.

Screaming helplessly, she goes to hide behind a tree, when the gate in the tree she crawled into opened up again, and Nancy saw it in their dimension.

Melanie holds her breath as the Demogorgon walks by the tree, but on the other side. Silently sobbing, she waits for the Demogorgon to pass fully before even letting a breath fully out.

Nancy calls for Melanie through the tree, and she sees the portal has lit up in the tree next to hers, before the hears the Demogorgon growling a few trees over, and her attention turns fully to that.

Knowing the Demogorgon was distracted, she runs over to the other tree immediately, crawling through. She sticks her hand through all of the-weird Upside Down stuff, hoping Nancy would be there to pull her out.

"Nancy!" She screams, and feels someone grab her hand.

She is pulled out, and sees that Nancy and Jonathan both helped pull her out.

Covered in-whatever is in that place-Nancy pulls her close as she cries into her chest, Jonathan turning to look into the tree and try and figure out what that was, when he sees the tree close up.

The three go back to Nancy's house, Melanie to talk to Mike, as well as get cleaned up in Nancy's room.

Melanie sat on the floor, talking about what she saw, while Jonathan and Nancy sat on the bed, looking straight forward. Melanie was staring at the floor. Everything was hard to take in.

Once Melanie was done, silence filled the room.

"I'm gonna go, um, find Mike." Melanie says, standing up and walking out.

Walking first to his room-that was a lost cause. She sneaked down into his basement, and there he was.

"Mel?" He asked confused, sitting up.

"Mike." Melanie was on the verge of tears, thinking about the horrible things that could've happened to her in the Upside Down.

And the terrible things that could've already happened to Will.

The terrible images of the night wouldn't stop flashing in her brain, and the tears came pouring down her face.

"Woah-Mel, what happened?" Mike asks, getting up and hugging her. She hugged back not saying anything, but Mike moved them over to the couch and sat with her, letting her cry for a bit.