"She went like," Dustin says, then mimicking what the girl did earlier when she was trying to get undressed in front of the party, knocking his hat off.

"I bet she escaped from Pennhurst." Lucas exclaimed.

"From where?" Mike asked.

"The nuthouse in Kerley County."

"You got a lot of family there?" Melanie asks.

"Bite me." Lucas utters, "Seriously though, think about it. That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy."

"Why she went like..." Dustin starts mimicking what the first did once again, not seeming to move on from the fact she tried to get undressed in front of them.

"She's an escapee is the point. She's probably a psycho." Lucas declares.

"Like Michael Myers." Dustin comments, starting to agree with Lucas.

"Exactly!" Lucas exclaimed, "We should've never brought her here!"

"So you just wanted to leave her out in that storm?" Mike asks, annoyed.

"Yes!" Lucas answers, "We went out there to find Will, not another problem."

"I think we should tell your mom." Melanie suggests.

"I second that." Dustin says.

"Who's crazy now?" Mike questions.

"How is that crazy?" Lucas asks in response.

"Because, we weren't supposed to be out tonight, remember?"

"So?"

"So if I tell my mom and she tells your mom and your mom..."

"Oh man." Dustin mutters in terror.

"Our houses become Alcatraz." Lucas says, catching on.

"Exactly." Mike agrees, "We'll never find Will."

Dustin turns to Melanie, mimicking the girl trying to undress once more with a look of "She's crazy" on his face. Melanie pushes him and looks back at the rest of the group when Mike starts speaking.

"Here's the plan. She sleeps here tonight."

"You're letting a girl-" Dustin gets cut off by Mike, "Just listen! In the morning, she sneaks around my house, goes to the front door and rings my doorbell. My mom will answer and know exactly what to do. She'll send her back to Pennhurst or whatever she comes from. We'll be totally in the clear. Tomorrow night we go back out, and this time we find Will."

Dustin, Lucas, and Melanie all look at each other before deciding it's time they should leave. As they walk up the stairs of the basement, they all look back down at the girl.

"Do you really think she's psycho?" Dustin asks.

"Wouldn't want her in my house." Lucas replies, walking up the stairs and Dustin follows. Melanie stays back for a minute, watching Mike and the girl's interaction before leaving.

Melanie's heart hurts a bit. She knows he's just helping her, but she doesn't know what could happen over there. Did she like him? Maybe. Possibly.

Yes.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.