how you make me feel

"Fuck, I'm having dinner with Zhongli again."

The ginger buried his face in his hands for the third time. He'd occasionally rise from the bed to stare at himself in the mirror, wondering if he should change his hairstyle from his regular.

Having dinner with Zhongli was a usual thing. And yet, here Childe was—acting like it was the first time.

He sighed heavily, rising from the bed to make his way into the bathroom which happened to be a mess. He didn't care.

His eyes flickered to his hair before turning on the faucet to splash water on his face.

In the end, Childe didn't end up changing his hairstyle.

Walking out of his home, he saw an influx of people gathering in front of a teahouse. They were mumuring among themselves to where it peeked his interest.

Tea is one of Liyue's specialities, it should be known to all those who've had their fair share of experiences with the drink. Childe is one of those people. Though no matter how much he'd consume, his tastebuds wouldn't agree to the taste.

He lived in front of the teahouse too. The irony.

Still. It couldn't really hurt to be intrigued about what's going on, right?

He took a glance at his watch to see if he'd have enough time to check it out. Yes. It's still early.

With that, he walked over to the influx of people. The ambience felt warm, which was refreshing to the ginger considering it was rather cold weather these days.

"Don't you think Zhongli is a considerable man?"

At the mention of Zhongli, Childe looked at the middle-aged woman who was chatting to another in front of him.

"He's awfully well-mannered, you're right." She spoke.

"My daughter and him talk often. He's always looking out for her well-being."

"Really?"

The woman placed a finger against her lips before leaning over towards the other woman's ear to whisper something.

"She told me that they just got into a relationship."

The two began squealing at the news, frantically whispering about the two back and fourth. Childe adverted his eyes away from them as if he didn't hear anything in the first place. He looked down.

Her whispers reiterated in his mind for a moment, though it stopped when he tried to reassure himself that it wasn't true. If it was true, then perhaps Zhongli would've brought it up to him.

But if it was recently, then he wouldn't have been able to mention it because Childe hadn't seen him for a few number of days now.

Whatever. It's whatever.

"Ajax?"

A young man from appearance with brown hair and lighter highlights from the tips exited the teahouse—it was none other than the talk of Liyue, Zhongli who spotted a familiar face.

Their eyes met. Childe's eyes widened ever so slightly, although it's not surprising to find Zhongli here when there's an influx of people gathered at the teahouse. Of course he was among the people.

"Zh-" His voice sounded hoarse. "Zhongli, you're here?"

Zhongli nodded. He held out a cup towards the ginger to show off his tea. "Yes. I was rather intrigued with the abundant number of people at the teahouse. I decided to join the people and soon came to realize that they expanded their menu. I suppose that's the reason why the people are here."

The two must be polar opposites—one lives off the thrill of battle whilst the other uses violence upon it being necessary. It's the same with having an interest for tea and still not being adjusted to the weird taste but maybe that's not the right comparision. Despite that, they make up the characteristics that the other doesn't have.

Childe would rather have it this way.

"Considering we met before we had to, would you prefer to head over there now?" Zhongli asked.

"Good idea."

The walk to Liuli Pavilion was nothing more than awkward. The brunette was fixitated on blowing his tea that would continuously let out its warmth with steam. Their shoulders would brush against each other once or twice. It rendered Zhongli having his cheeks coated with a red hue.

The other assumed it was due to the cold weather. He had other things that clouded his mind.

There was that bitter taste of jealousy despite it not even being confirmed if Zhongli was in a relationship. Why?

Well, because it should be known that the eleventh fatui harbinger has a soft sentiment for the man. The only thing he didn't know was that the same man reciprocates those same feelings too.