Chapter 14: Erumalu, The City of Green! [Y/N]'s Ture Power!

Start from the beginning

'The people of the city called it the King's Miracle. At least they did until one particular day.'  The Baroque Works ships docked at the Alabarna docks, bringing from the ships, huge backs of something.

"Get that cargo unloaded! We've got a schedule to keep!" Someone shouted. Members of Baroque Works were rolling the large bags on carts, pulling them to the Palace. Suddenly, one of the wheels broke and sent the bags falling to the ground. The people pulling the wagon dodged the large bags and the cart as best they could. Green sand of some sort spilled forth from the bags. One of the Baroque Works members sat up, fear and anger on his face.

"Damn it! What are we supposed to do now?!" He shouted. "It's a delivery for the king! What's he going to do when it doesn't arrive?!" He shouted. The citizens approached the green powder. One of them picked it up in his hands.

"This green power is for the King? What is it?" One of the citizens asked.

"What is it? How the hell are we supposed to know! We're only following your King's orders!" One of the members of Baroque Works said.

"We're just carriers! Run!" The two members got up and raced away from the scene. If only the citizens of Alabasta had known that it was a set up. This was the start of throwing Alabasta in chaos.

"Wait a minute, could this be?" One of the citizens asked, picking up the powder in his hands.

~End of Flashback~

"Dance powder?" You asked after Vivi's explanation. You looked at Nami. "Nami, do you know anything about this dance powder?" You asked. Nami nodded.
"Yes. I sure do. It summons rain." She said. Chopper looked at her.
"A powder can?" Chopper asked. Nami nodded.
"I've only heard stories about it. But apparently Dance Powder was created by a researcher in a country where it never rained," Nami explained. "Burning it creates a misty smoke which rises into sky. Once it reaches the clouds, it causes them to rain. In essence it gives you the ability to create rain on the spot." Nami explained.
"Oh!" Luffy exclaimed, slamming his fist into his hand. "I know what you're talking about! I've seen that stuff before! I ate some a while back. It tasted pretty gross though, yuck!" Luffy said, smiling. You sighed and shook your head.
'Only Luffy would eat something like Dance Powder.' You thought. Nami narrowed her eyes at Luffy.
"You ate Dance Powder?" She asked, not seeming convinced.
"It's not even food it's for making rain." Zoro said, walking past Luffy. He turned around and glared at the two.
"Hey! I'm not lying! I'm telling the truth! I did eat it! And it tasted so gross!" Luffy shouted in anger. Usopp looked at Nami, who was ignoring Luffy's shouting.
"Hold on, I don't get it. Wouldn't that stuff be perfect for a desert country like this?" He asked. Nami looked back at him.
"You'd think so. In fact, as its name suggests, the country that developed it was happy enough to dance," Nami explained. "It got lots of rain. But there's a catch. It's neighboring country had a drought. Let me explain how it works," Nami said. "Now, the mist from the burned Dance Powder targets small clouds that aren't ready to rain yet. It artificially matures them into full rain clouds. Those clouds would have naturally grown into rain clouds, but when they're further down wind." Nami said. You hummed.
"I think I get it now. It steals all the rain that would have normally gone to the neighboring country." You said.
"That must have caused some big problems." Usopp said. Nami nodded.
"Oh it did. A war broke out between the two countries. Ever since then, the World Government has instituted a world wide ban on the production and possession of Dance Powder." Nami said.
"Even so, some of it managed to show up here." Usopp said.
"When it happened," Vivi said. "The country had been experiencing strange weather. There had been no rain, not a single drop had fallen anywhere, except one place. And that was the capital." Vivi said. Luffy pointed at Vivi.
"Vivi! That means your dad is the bad guy!" Luffy shouted, getting it all wrong. Sanji started kicking Luffy in the head.
"No! You idiot! He was framed! Her sweet dear old dad would never do something like that you got it?!" Sanji shouted, continuing to kick Luffy. Vivi sighed in sadness.
"Of course, my father was innocent. Unfortunately, a large amount of Dance Powder was discovered inside the Palace shortly after." She said.
"They even had people working inside the palace." Zoro said. The approached what looked like a dried up river.
"So, what is this? A road?" Sanji asked.
"No. It used to be a large canal that piped in fresh water from the Sandora River." Vivi said. The groups eyes widened in shock. "Till someone destroyed it. Now do you see what happened?" Vivi said. "With this canal gone, the City of Green lost its only remaining source of fresh water. People here waited and prayed, but sadly, the rain never came."
"Wow. Something like that and the Dance Powder would really make the people distrust their King." Nami said.
'That's exactly what Crocodile planned I bet.' Zoro thought. 

"A war broke out in Erumalu. To escape the violence here, there was only one thing the exhausted citizens could do. They abandoned the city and left for oasis in search of water." Vivi said. "And then, the City of Green withered away." Vivi said in sadness. A harsh, hot wind blew through the city. The wind got harsher. You gasped. It sounded like a voice was howling in sadness through the ruins.

"What, is that?" Nami asked, also hearing it.

"Is it the rebels?!" Chopper asked. A look of fear crossed Usopp's face.

"Or more of those creeps from Baroque Works!" Usopp shouted. The wind continued to bounce around the buildings. The group looked around in fear. Some preparing for a fight.

"No. It's just wind." Ace said. Luffy looked at his older brother.

"Sounds like a voice, right?" Luffy asked.

"Oh no! It's coming in all different directions! This isn't good!" Usopp shouted. "Ace what are we going to do?!" Usopp shouted, looking to the commander for guidance.

"There's no danger. it's just the wind blowing around the town and echoing off the old buildings." Ace reassured. You squinted your eyes as the wind blew the harder, blowing the hood off of Vivi's cloak.

"It's like, it's like the city of Erumalu is wailing over what's happened to it!" Vivi said. Suddenly, a dust devil formed and was heading right for the group.

"Watch out!" You shouted. Ace quickly stepped in front of you, taking the force of the wind. You grunted as the dust devil surrounded you.

'All this pain,' you thought as the wind kept blowing around you. 'All this suffering. All because of one greedy man who wants to take a country for himself!' You thought. Your anger and sadness at what has happened in Alabasta was getting to you. You blocked out Raava's voice of warning. Then, as quickly as the dust devil came, it left. You looked around and saw something, like a cloak, billowing in the wind. You gasped.

"Someone's collapsed over there!" You shouted. The group raced over to where the figure was. Only to gasp and stop. It wasn't a person at all. Only a human skull. Vivi knelt before the skull.

"What did my father, and all of the other good people, what did they ever do?" Vivi asked, her voice cracking. "They don't deserve this. It's hard enough to live in the desert everyday is a struggle just to survive!" Vivi shouted. That was the last straw for you. You were standing close to Vivi. You clenched your hands into fists.

"This isn't right," you muttered. Vivi and the others looked at you.

"[Y/N]?" Vivi asked. Your hands were shaking in anger, your head scarf covering your eyes.

"They, they shouldn't be able to do something like this! Why don't the marines do anything to help these poor people?!" You shouted in anger. Your eyes were now flashing between white and [e/c] rapidly. "Why? Why? WHY?!" You shouted. Your head shot up. The group gasped in shock. Your eyes were now glowing a pure white. A gust of wind burst out from your form, much stronger than the wind from before. Sanji's eyes widened.

"Vivi! Get away from there!" He shouted. Vivi quickly raced over to the group. Nami's eyes widened.

"What is going on with [Y/N]?!" She shouted. Your eyes never wavered from the glowing white. Ace stepped forward.

"[Y/N]! Can you hear us?! Snap out of it!" He shouted. He had never seen this happen to you before. You didn't respond, blocking out all sound. Your face was expressionless. Zoro narrowed his eyes.

"This must be their true power!" He shouted over the wind. Suddenly, one member stepped forward, approaching you.

"What the hell are you doing?! They're dangerous!"

"I'm not leaving them to suffer alone! Someone has to help them!"  

~~~

//Bum, bum, bum! [Y/N]'s true power is revealed! Who will help them? Ace, Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Nami, or Vivi? In the next chapters to come, you can choose who you want to help you. If you don't like the dividing into different scenarios, you don't have to continue reading by any means, because the dividing into different scenarios is going to continue. So, if you don't like this format, don't feel pressured to read it.//