Hawkins' Newest Couple

Trigger/Content Warning - Sexual content, mention of drug use

Chrissy couldn't wait to see Eddie again. From the moment he'd dropped her off at home on Sunday, after their swim at Lover's Lake, she'd ached to be with him again. At work, she daydreamed about him all day. She thought about his smile, his hair, his tattoos, the way he'd touched her at the lake, the way he tasted when they kissed until she'd find herself blushing furiously and have to force her focus back on the kids in her care. But, inevitably she'd drift off again, into another sweet reverie.

When work at the summer camp was finished for the day and the kids were tucked away in their cabins for the night, Chrissy and the other counsellors would stay up late hanging out, playing cards, and smoking weed. Chrissy was grateful for these evenings with her new friends; they were fun and they distracted her from thinking about Eddie.

When Friday finally came and the kids' parents came in droves to pick them up and take them home for the weekend, Chrissy waited around anxiously along with all the other counsellors to be set free. When the last kid got in the last car, a big cheer went up amongst the Hawkins Hills Summer Camp employees and everyone ran to their own cars and headed eagerly back into town. On Friday nights, Chrissy was supposed to head straight home for dinner with her parents and her brother, but they could wait an extra fifteen minutes this week, couldn't they?

***

When Chrissy walked into Family Video, Eddie turned at the sound of the bell. The way his face lit up when he saw that it was her made her heart skip a beat. He ran to her and before she knew it she was lifted off the ground in a very enthusiastic hug. When Eddie put her down he didn't go far. He cupped her face in both of his hands and kissed her softly. "Hi," he said, smiling down at her.

Blushing furiously Chrissy said, "Hi," back. The weekend before she'd felt so confident around Eddie. But then she'd spent all week thinking about him, building him up in her head, and now she was surprised by just how nervous she felt, seeing him again. To make matters worse, it didn't seem like he was having the same problem.

"How was your week," he asked her, his eyes roaming over her, looking for changes.

"It was good," Chrissy said, cringing at how awkward she thought she sounded. Then, deciding she was still brave, she amended her answer. "Actually, I was kind of distracted."

"How come?" Eddie asked, a familiar worried look creeping onto his face.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you," she said, before looking down at her shoes.

"Really?" his voice sounded strained. "I kind of had the same problem."

Chrissy looked up and was delighted to discover that Eddie was blushing too. "Do you want to hang out this weekend?" he asked her, quickly.

"Yes," she said, just as quickly.

"What about tonight?" he sounded hopeful.

"I still have a curfew," Chrissy winced. "I have to be home by 11, and you work until then, don't you?"

"Yeah," Eddie said, running his hands through his hair. She wanted to do the same. "I can take a break now, though, if you have a minute."

Chrissy nodded and Eddie took her hand and led her past the counter towards the back of the store. "Hey, I'm taking my break," he called to Robin who was helping a customer with their rentals. Robin smirked and waved at them. They passed Steve too, who raised his eyebrows at Eddie and gave him the tiniest thumbs up.

At the back of the store, Eddie pushed the door open and stepped into the back alley behind the strip mall, Chrissy right behind him. As soon as the door closed, Eddie had her in his arms. He put his hand to her cheek and brushed a callused thumb over it, then he was kissing her. She whimpered the second his lips touched hers. She'd been dreaming about this all week, wanting it so badly it hurt. Now that it was finally happening she felt weak in the knees. She kissed him back. He was still tentative, still new, so she pulled him to her and kissed him the way she wanted to be kissed, and he followed her lead.