Maybe

Y/N's POV

As I processed everything that was happening Charlie and Dad argued back and forth about what to do. Charlie wanted to stay and play Santa but Dad wanted to go home or "wake up."

"How come everything I wanna do is stupid?" Charlie whined. I kinda felt bad for the kid but I really wanted to go back home just like Dad. Charlie stares at me with a heartbroken look and I sigh softly. Dad does the same and grabs the suit which makes me panic slightly. I jump out of the sleigh and grab the suit quickly. Dad snaps his head towards me and pulls.

"Y/N, what are you doing? Let go, please. I don't need you being difficult too." he says as he rolls his eyes. He then yanks the suit out of my hands and gives me a weird look.

"I'm just tired dad. I think we should get home." I didn't really think about how we would get home since that wasn't really how it worked. Charlie suddenly grabs my arm and I turn to him, kind of annoyed. "What Charlie?"

"We can't leave Y/N! This is gonna be the best Christmas ever! C'mon, don't you wanna have some fun?" He says it like he knows what I've been trying to do all these years. He gives me puppy dog eyes and pouts a little, but I still don't cave. I kneel down and ruffle his hair,

"Listen, Charles, I don't think...." I trail off and think for a minute...

"ya know what kiddo?"

I hesitate thinking about how much this meant to my baby brother,

and finally, I give into the situation knowing I can't do anything at this point,

"I-I think you're right, we should have some fun shouldn't we?" I stand back up and awkwardly smile at my little brother's excited face. Charlie hugs me and runs over to dad, urging him to put the suit on. My dad gives me a confused look and starts to slowly put the suit on.

"Freezing my nubs off out here, and you want me to get into a Santa costume. This is great. A Santa costume." dad mutters to himself while Charlie watches excitedly. " Oh this thing, you never know where it's been. A thousand malls." he continues his annoyed rant and starts talking to the reindeer. He finishes up and turns to us, "Well, how do I look? Nice?" he smiles at us.

"You forgot the sash." Charlie pipes up. he grabs it and hands it to him. Dad takes it and nods,

"You're right, this completes the ensemble...

...okay, I have the suit on. How am I supposed to know what to leave?" he puts his hands on his hips looking around.

"Maybe there's a list." Charlie starts to dig around the back helping dad. I roll my eyes at this trying not to say anything.

"A list, how silly of me. Of course, there's a list." dad grabs the sack and looks under it but starts to float. I smile and laugh at his shocked expression.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" he shouts and looks around wildly. Charlie laughs and points at him,

"Dad! You're flying!" Charlie says pointing out the obvious. Dad smiles sarcastically and starts to sink. He panics for a second and shouts at the sack like it can hear him, and pretty soon our father disappears down the chimney.

Bernard's POV

After getting my work done I am once again exhausted. It seems Christmas does not let me rest anymore. Ever since...the incident, AKA Jolly Old Saint Prick, Christmas is no longer enjoyable. The only part that everyone can have some fun with is that wonderful part of Christmas Eve where Santa leaves. It has been our favorite part for 90 whole years.

It is, however, still stressful for the elves. Santa wants everything to be perfect when he gets back to the pole. The guy makes sure to look for things we missed or messed up. He will do anything to make our Christmases and lives miserable.

Y/N's POV

This is so cool Y/N! Can you believe this? This is the best Christmas ever." Charlie bounces up and down in the sleigh yelling while I rethink my life choices. "Wait! does this mean Dad is Santa now?" he asks excitedly. I sigh and turn to Charlie not really knowing what to say. Should I tell him or should I keep my mouth shut and let them find out slowly? I mean I suppose they'll definitely find out real soon and I don't think Dad will be very happy about me lying to him and Mom for 8 years. "Hey! Are you listening to me Y/N?" I snap out of my daze and force a small laugh.

"Sorry, Charles I zoned out a bit there. Umm, what were you saying?" I smile at him and he continues with his excessive ranting.

After what seemed like forever, our poor dad popped out of the chimney. Immediately Charlie starts asking questions.

"Wow, how did you do that Dad? What did it feel like?"

"It felt like America's Most Wanted. Now how do you start this thing?" Dad fiddles with the ropes a little and scoffs. I roll my eyes and grab them from his hands.

"Like this Dad." I whip the ropes and we're off. Dad grabs them back and tries to take us home.

I guess he doesn't know how this works.

Soon enough though we land on top of another house.

"Well, this could be a very long night." Dad puts his head in his hands while Charlie yanks on his sleeve.

"Do it again, Dad. Please!" Charlie begs him.

"I can't the things empty." he picks up the bag and presents it to Charlie before throwing it back. Comet grunts at him and jerks his head towards the sleigh. "There's nothing in the bag. Even if there was, did you notice there's no chimney? Where there's no chimney there's no fireplace." Dad turns but Comet is not too happy and growls at him. Dad gives the reindeer an appalled look and steps toward him. I raise my eyebrows at Charlie who just giggles in response. "Did you just growl at me?" Dad questions the stubborn creature. "Look Comet there is nothing in th-" he picks up the bag which is now filled with more presents.

"Well, what do ya know? Looks like someone's got your back, Dad." I chuckle but quickly snap myself out of it.

"That's so weird, 'cause I know when I did-- that--" once again he is lifted into the air,

No no no no, hold it! There's no chimney here! You hear that? No chimney alright?!" he shouts, still thinking the sack can hear him. I know it's magic but seriously.

"Lookin good Dad." I cheer. He looks down and groans.

"You have got to be kidding me. Look at the size of this thing." He complains but is still sucked down the "chimney." Charlie and I laugh and I turn to look at my little brother. He meets my eyes and smiles with so much excitement. I may have been a little overdramatic because,

Maybe...

Just maybe...

This will work out.

A/N: thank you all so much for your patience. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for reading and Merry Christmas!

-Me