0.8 𝔓𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔅𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢

ᴱᵛᵉʳʸᵒⁿᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ

ᴱᵛᵉʳʸᵒⁿᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ. ᴵᶠ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵏⁿᵉʷ
y/n's diary, page 87.

🔴

The next day after the fight with Ran about Kazutora's unwanted kiss, it felt like it never happened. No one talked about it anymore, well—no one dared to. Maybe it was just better that way.

You were in the living room watching the news, as the reporter flashed the usual weekly report, and the killing just keeps hiking up in numbers, all traced back to the serial skinner killer. Except one body who the authorities are still looking up the correlation because he was beaten up to death. A different case how the skinner killer would murder his victims, but still, the authorities traced it to the skinner still and warned everyone from the vicinity to double lock their doors and follow the 9pm curfew.

You stretched out your hands feeling it tensing, you don't know why, but your muscles feel tense. Maybe Ran had gone overboard last night from the roughness.

The news anchor stated the man that was found near at the Pet Shop was beaten to death and pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital—a hand gripped at your shoulders and you pain-stricken and invisibly shivered at the knuckles that gripped you.

Ran's hand was bandaged and you can't ignore the fact of trying to relate it to the news—you shook your head, wanting to stop being silly, Ran could never.

But the injury was so prevalent, that even you were hesitant to deny.

"You know what I hate the most.."Ran asked out of nowhere while you were watching the news.

"What is?" You asked.

"Assumptions." He says, "People who makes them.."

After the argument with the issue of Kazutora, Ran had become more strict than he usually had been around you.

Sometimes he'd look at you longer than usual, like he was waiting for something to happen.

But what? What was he waiting on—