Chapter 26: Letters

Start from the beginning

"See you, your cousin didn't say yes, and he didn't say bad. He is no longer young this year. Your aunt simply made a decision. The girl is good in everything except for the higher gifts at home. She is afraid of being caught by others. Be the first."

He Xiaoyun nodded. Although it is not like in the old days when marriage and marriage are all decided by parents, there is still some distance from free love, especially in rural areas like this, where young men and women are usually accompanied by an introducer. It's not a deal.

"By the way, your sister-in-law's stomach has been around for several months, right? When will you be born?"

"Should it be September?" He Xiaoyun thought for a while, nodded to confirm, "It is September."

Li Yuegui swept the pulled out grass outside the courtyard and said, "September is good. It is neither cold nor hot during confinement, and there is no need to worry about the child getting cold. Aunt Wang said that when she saw your sister-in-law on the road two days ago, she had a little stomach. Bian, 80% is a girl."

He Xiaoyun said helplessly: "That's all nonsense. She is not clairvoyant. She can see boys and girls through her belly?"

"The old people have experience and they are very accurate. When I was pregnant with you, she said that I had a sharp belly and I must bring a hand. Who would have thought that I would be a girl again, which made me happy for nothing."

"Then I was reborn in your stomach and made the wrong shot?" He Xiaoyun pretended to be angry.

Li Yuegui smiled, and said: "I have raised them to such a large size. What else can I do if I make a mistake? I'll just talk about it."

After pulling the grass, He Xiaoyun went to the water tank to wash her hands and poured some water on her face. Even though she was wearing a hat, her face was still red with heat.

Li Yuegui poured her a bowl of tea and asked, "Jianwei has been away for half a month, right?"

He Xiaoyun was pouring tea, no time to speak, she just nodded.

"Xiao Hang said you miss him?"

"We talked a lot in the few days he left. I read several times a day. Now I don't read it much." He Xiaoyun put the tea bowl on the table, sat down and picked up the fan.

Li Yuegui said: "The kid forgets about sex. When Jianwei comes back next year, he will have to live for a while."

She sighed again as she said, "It's no way to separate you from Jianwei like this. When will you be the head?"

He Xiaoyun looked at a fly on the ground and said nothing. The Wei family wanted her to join the army, she hadn't mentioned it to Li Yuegui, after all, it didn't happen for the time being. Although her mother is now worried that her daughter and son-in-law can't be in the same place, she may be more reluctant to know that her daughter is really going to the army.

She sat for a while before going back. Before going out, Wei Yuanhang followed his grandmother. Now he is playing with Yanyan at Aunt Zhang's house. He Xiaoyun didn't call him either, but said hello to Feng Qiuyue who was sitting at the entrance of the hall.

"I'm back? Xiao Hang is next door with mom." Feng Qiuyue said.

"I heard the sound, let him play, so he don't have to come back and quarrel us." He Xiaoyun picked up a baby shoe she had just made. It was small, not as big as a palm, not exquisite, but very cute, "Sister-in-law. The craftsmanship is so good, I can sell it."

Feng Qiuyue smiled and said, "If you don't want money, no one wants it. If you really like it, I will make another one in the future. I will make it for you."