MIDORIMA X READER PART 1 - CHANGE MY MIND

Start from the beginning

"Well, and now it's time for the big one!" – Kazunari exclaims, grabbing your hand and leading you towards his class.

"Shin-chaaaaaan!"

Despite your brother's high tone, no one seems to come closer.

"Hey Shin-chan, don't ignore me! I have something important to tell you!"

A boy with emerald green hair sighs, places his book on the desk and stands up. As he gets closer, you instinctively make a step back and hide behind your brother's shoulder. He's incredibly tall, he is surely higher than 1.90m (6ft2). Moreover, his face is far from friendly and this scares you more than it's necessary. He's the definition of a person you would totally avoid, but obviously Kazunari is too sociable not to be friends with someone like him.

"What do you want, nanodayo?"

"Come on, don't be always so prejudiced! She is my younger sister, (Name-chan)!"

Unfortunately Kazunari, in spite of being understanding, doesn't realize that the last thing you want is a direct interaction with that scary guy and he involves you without giving you any escape route. You're about to introduce yourself, but the boy with the glasses keeps talking.

"I pass. I don't want to have anything to do with your sister, it's already too much having to deal with you."

"Oi! Why don't you give her a chance! She's not like me, she's an angel if you compare us!"

Apparently, knowing that you don't have your brother's personality gives him quite a lot of relief.

"You." – he firmly says looking in your eyes – "What's your sign?"

"A-aquarius..." – you answer, confused and scared at the same time.

"Nothing to be done here, then. Have a good day."

"Shin-chan!" – your brother tries to catch his attention, but the other guy is already back to his seat – "Don't worry, (Name-chan). Shin-chan is an unprecedented tsundere, but he's a good guy deep down. When he gets to know you better he won't resist you! I already see a beautiful future for you two..."

What?! A future for you and that scary titan? No thanks, you prefer to live. To change topic and avoid thinking about what's just happened, you ask Kazunari where to find those forms for the club.

***

The rest of your morning has gone by smoothly. You haven't talked to your classmates yet (among whom is also that Miyaji-san's brother), but you've laid your eyes on some groups that you might get along well with. After an intense day full of new things, places and people, you would love to go home, but it's not over yet. You head to the gym, where your brother, Kimura and Miyaji are training along with other guys.

"(Name-chan)!" – Kazunari shouts running towards you – "How's your first day been?"

"Cool, I guess."

"Great! And now comes the interesting part! Are you ready to become the most beloved manager of all time?!"

"Actually I wouldn't want to be the centre-"

"Oi guys! She's my younger sister, plus the new manager of Shutoku! If anyone doesn't treat her right, they'll deal with me!"

... of attention. Great. You really love your brother, but his enthusiasm really knows no limits. Still trying to recover from all those stares from all those bulky boys, the green-haired guy leaves the changing room. It seems you don't have to worry about embarrassment after all, as your life is going to end in the next five minutes. When this Shin-chan looks at you, you already foretaste blood freezing in your veins and the cruellest of glares to stare at you from head to toe. But he remains serious instead, he doesn't look angry or ready to kill you. He reaches for some basketballs and stops in the middle of the court. You think he's about to run to the hoop or train his ball handling, but he shoots. From there. He scores, leaving you stunned. Plus, he scores all the following shots. You look at him fondly from the bench: that composure, his impeccable posture, those flawless three-pointers... in an instant he loses his scary aura and you realize that he really is a good-looking boy. Wait, what?! It's your first day of school and you're already fantasizing about a boy?! About him?! Calm down. Don't think about it. He's just good at basketball, that's it. It's aaaaalright.

You watch the rest of their practice trying to hold the feelings that weird green-haired boy is giving you and to focus on everyone's movements. You've been a manager for about an hour, but you already know that it's the right club activity for you. When practice comes to an end you and your brother head home, where you will rest and recharge your batteries. A very turbulent first day to say the least, but that leaves you with huge expectations.

That was the first part of a oneshot requested to me by @Kia0402! Stay tuned, next part this Sunday! :)