Chapter 10- Situation Arises

Start from the beginning

"I knew some shit was going to turn up eventually, hell, of all the damn people, it just HAD to be Gowther." I groan, running beside the two, "Ko le ṣe nik yii soke."
(Can't make this shit up.)

My feet pattered against the paths, rocky and granite terrain kicking up beneath our feet as we traversed. As we turned a corner, we could see Elizabeth unconscious on the ground.

"Elizabeth!" Meliodas yelled out. I watched as he ran over to the unconscious girl, stopping in my tracks as I felt my body go rigid. Merlin looked back at me, her eyes narrowing at my sudden demeanor but I nodded, assuring her I was fine.

"This is most definitely Gowther's work..." I sigh, walking up to them as I shake off my surprised shock. Merlin silently agreed, reaching to give my shoulder a soft squeeze.

'Merlin's independent but she's most def a girl's girl.' I thought.

"Elizabeth!...Elizabeth...!" Meliodas yells, trying to gain the girl's attention and get her conscious again. I could see worry in his eyes as he shook her, "Snap out of it!"

I press my lips together, furrowing my brows as I watch the scene.

'One moment you're saying she won't come on the journey, the next you're nearly worried about her dying. But you said to be you can't risk having her die so you'll distance yourself and that'll be it.'

Flashback....

I cross another item off the list I made as I stuff the contents in one of the satchels I held in my hold. Appreciating my work, and responsibility, I head off to another shop that's needed. I offered to pay for some of the supplies Meliodas needed with the coins I had on me.

"Y/N" Meliodas called, running up behind me as he wrapped his arm loosely around my waist, "I got everything you've told me to, what's the next stop?" He asked.

I chuckle and nod my head in a specific direction, "The Ale and Wine shop, les' go" I say, walking inside.
We both greeted the shop owner, heading towards the ale aisle first as I began to scout out how many Vanya Ale bottles we'd need.

"With this inventory, we'll be in stock for months! I appreciate your help N/N" he sighs, rubbing my head. I feel my face heat up as I turn my head away, pretending to be harsh although his actions pulled at my hearts' strings.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," I say playfully, pausing my words, "Are you adamant about not bringing Elizabeth?" I questioned, making him freeze as he grabbed another brand of ale.

Silence hit us as we grabbed our stock, moving to the wine aisle as per my request to have it in the tavern. Meliodas had an empty look but nodded as he sighed, "Yeah, I am."

I pressed my lips together, feeling certain emotions swirl in my stomach as I thought over what to answer.

"Ṣe o da ọ loju?" I asked him, picking up some red and white wine. Meliodas peers at me, probably spotting the hint of desperation and want I had in my eyes. Meliodas smiled softly, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear as he opened his mouth to speak.

"O da mi loju," he answers. "I can't risk her dying, I'm willing to distance myself and carry on with my life."
.
.
.

'All men do is fucking lie...' I thought, crossing my arms.

Maybe I'm being harsh. Ha.

It was almost as if Meliodas could hear my thoughts, as he quickly turned to look at me as those words passed my mind. I could see an apologetic look in his eyes as he shook Elizabeth's unconscious body more.