Step 1

**

**

"That's it. That's the last!"

Persephone clap her hands and look at me with a smile. Nahiya naman ako kaya napakamot tuloy ako sa batok ko.

"Oh sure, you will not get lost again." sabi niya sabay gesture sa akin na maglakad. "Have you eaten yet?" tanong niya so I replied with a shrug.

"Good coz i'm hungry. Let's go to the cafeteria!" she said while dragging me in the middle of the field of North Coast.

I still can't believe na pumapasok na ako dito. It was only yesterday when my Mom asked me if I'm interested to study here.

"Maica, kailangan natin mag-usap." my Mom said while grabbing the chair so she can sit. Kararating niya lang galing trabaho.

"Ano yun, Ma?" I curiously asked while eating my dinner.

"Do you wanna go to North Coast International School?" she asked looking straight at me in the eyes.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

It took a minute before I processed what she said. I even asked if she was joking cause there's no way we can afford North Coast. It turns out her boss offered to financially support my education if I go to North Coast, which is, he's one of the shareholders. I thought it was random but it's like a scholarship under his company, where my mom works for. Lima daw kaming napili na paaralin dito sabi ni Mama. Lahat daw anak ng mga employees. Since mom is his secretary, pinili daw kaagad ako ng boss niya.

"What do you want?"

Napabalik ako sa katinuan nang magsalita si Persephone.

Persephone Dione Stein

I met her a while ago during class. She's my seatmate and to tell you, she's undeniably gorgeous and beautiful. She's like a model with a siren look. Napatunganga nga ako sa kanya bago ako nakaupo.

"Ano bang mga tindang pagkain?" tanong ko

"Tinda?" she asked habang nakakunot ang noo.

"Ha? Wala bang mga tinda dito?" naguguluhang tanong ko.

"You silly! Choose your choice on the machine." natatawang sagot niya at tiningnan ang kasing tangkad niya na machine na nasa harap namin ngayon na ngayon ko lang napansin.

Naningkit ang mata ko kakabasa sa mga menu. And while realizing what I was reading, I got sweaty from the realization. This is a damn expensive school. There's no way na mumurahin ang mga pagkain nila dito.