That he would begrudge his father- when did he start referring to him as father and not dad?
-his happiness?

Really?
No wonder mom called him stupid.  He really is stupid. 

Good luck lady violan , you are marrying a stupid man!

He buried all his hurt because of the same reason he was hurt .

His father smiled a real smile , he was happy . He had a new family one that cale wasn't a part of .  So he smiled too, just like father did to him.

FAKE .

It was a bright smile because he was genuinely happy for his father,  as long as father was happy,  everything was fine.

"Congratulations,  lady violan and father!"

"Welcome to the family basen , I am your hyung-nim cale. It's nice to meet you both."

Even though you popped out of no where .

After all since they are his father's family , they were his too even though he didn't fit in , he would try to love them .

" Treat them well father. "

Unlike me .

Don't ignore them like u did with me .

" I have a class now , I shall take my leave."

He left then without seeing the relived look in violan's eyes , or the sparkles in basen's shy ones.

Violan had been worried of his reaction after she found out deruth never told his son about them . She had been furious with him and demanded to meet the child .

Children needed to atleast bond with their new step parent a little before marriage to make a family stable . She already did that with basen and was highly disappointed in deruth. 

Luckily it looked like her new son was fine with them , she quite liked the enthusiastic and confident child .

Basen was just happy to have a hyung .

" Sure cale."

But cale had already left.

He didn't see the soft fondness and  guilt in his father's eyes or heard the longing in his voice.

Deruth had been scared  to face cale . He hadn't wanted to introduce violan to cale . He was frightened of seeing anger or disappointment in his son's gaze focused on him , or worse resentment or indifference. 

He was relieved now. Since cale seemed fine .

Oh , if only he had seen a little deeper .

Cale took after jour , he was an excellent actor she had reassured him that she would  be back quickly and was just leaving for a while, just like his mother in every single way .

Cale maintained his composure while walking towards his room , he can't break down now .

Later.
He told himself,  trembling slightly.  

He would break down later in his room , let the tears and sobs currently choking him out. Once he was in the sanctity of his room .
Not now , Later.

Not now .

•■•■•■•■•■•■•■■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■•■■•

Cale reached his room and caught sight of himself in the mirror.  He took a moment to critique his looks . He looked good , just like a miniature version of his mom .His red hair being his  most prominent feature.