Chapter 3

~~TIME~LAPSE~~ Samuels Choosing Day

I wake in a pool of sweat and nervousness. I do not fear what is to come. Why? Because I know exactly what to choose. The 'perfect' faction, according to Marcus is Abnegation. But I know this isn't true. Not one bit.

The Dauntless lady, Tori said to choose what I want. And this, Abnegation, plain food, grey everything and eternal whippings is not what I want. She mentioned something about Divergent a few seconds before pushing me out of the room, after the aptitude test yesterday. Erudite, Abnegation, Amity and Dauntless...

I lie in bed for a few minutes before taking a warm shower. My beating was worse last night. Marcus said it was to keep it in my head to choose Abnegation. Which, of course I knew, and he knew that I wasn't going to. The warm water washes of the dried blood from my back. I am selfish. I use the majority of hot water the council allows us to have each day.

I change into my daily wear. Grey, grey and more grey. I have a sudden urge to be Dauntless. I search the bottom of my dresser to find the black shorts and singlet I have kept hidden for many years. I got them while giving clothes to the faction less a year after Tobias left.

I put them on and put my grey robes over them. I will be Dauntless. I am brave.

A/N Sorry for not updating quicker.