Ruby

♡

"Jaehyun-ah.. Don't leave him alone, okay? He does stupid things when he's overwhelmed."

"Of course, eomma. Don't worry, I'll be by his side."

The call ended. Jaehyun let out a sigh of worry as he drove back to the apartment he shared with his boyfriend. "Baby? Are you home yet? Have your classes ended?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm home."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Uh.. reading?"

"I'm almost home. We'll get takeout tonight, okay?"

"Mhm."

He typed in the code to his apartment door, opening it to see it dimly lit with hardly any signs of life. Usually, Taeyong would've been laughing out loud to some comedy or bawling off to some melancholic musicals.

It was too quiet.

True to his word, the boy sat on his side of the bed with a book in his hand and a pair of reading glasses perched upon his nose. He looked up for a brief moment, mustering a small smile.

"Hey."

The male settled next to him, pulling him closer by the waist. "I'm fine, Jae." He whispers boldly, although it didn't sound convincing. "Babe, I honestly think you bursting into tears is more healthier than bottling it all up like this."

"I said I'm fine."

"Sure you are, it isn't as if Ruby only spent a day with you for any feeling of sentiment to grow on you! Stop pretending that you're okay when you're not. This is way bloody scarier than you being the usual damn crybaby!"

"I-I'm not..a c-crybaby." Taeyong's body trembled, tears brimming in his waterline, hesitant to stream downwards. It was working, if only he got the boy to cry, things would get better for him.

"Then suck it all up and be problematic to yourself! I can't control how you feel, Taeyong. You're a grown man."

That was all it took for him to break down. Jaehyun felt terible for raising his voice at him, but it had to be done. "Baby.. I'm so sorry, are you alright?" He embraces him tightly.

"S-She's g-gone.." The boy choked out, sobbing hard as his mind replayed the memories he had with Ruby, his sweet puppy he had owned since he was 14.

Jaehyun rubbed his back in small circles, placing kisses on his forehead. "She's not really gone, Tae. Her spirit is always with you. It's important that you remember that." He says.

Taeyong nods, burying his face deeper into the male's chest to seek comfort. "I..should've v-visited one more time, i-if I knew I'd n-never see her--"

Jaehyun pressed a kiss to his lips, silencing his stutter. "Maybe, she didn't want to see you cry, she knows her departure will hurt you the most."

"The last memory of you should be a happy one before she left."

The boy found sense in Jaehyun's words, finally able to calm down. "You're right, she's still here.. I can feel it." He sighs, closing his eyes while trying to imagine Ruby's little bell that made a cute tinkling sound whenever she approached him happily.

"T-Thanks, Jae."

"Anything for you, baby.. rest well."