Dandelions

wishing on dandelions all of the time, praying to God that one day you'll be mine.
- dandelions by ruth. B
—————

"This feels like a car ride to nowhere," Walker groaned in boredom.

"Walker, will you shut up for one goddamn minute," Leena shot at him from the seat in front of him. Kaleb was beside me, tapping away on his phone.

"I'm bored, Y/n," Walker buried his face into my shoulder, being a huge groaning mess.

"And what am I supposed to do about that?" I responded, being equally as bored as him.

"We're arriving soon, don't worry. I heard the cabin we're staying at has a huge field of flowers nearby!" My mom said from the front seat, "For now, just sit tight,"

We were on a family vacation, well, sort of. Me and Walker's parents were very close friends in highschool, and even planned both of their pregnancies together. Kaleb was my older brother, and was planned along with Leena, Walker's older sister. Then, they planned for me and Walker.

"Leena," my brother snickered, "Look," Leena turned to the back seat, Kaleb shoving his phone at her face.

"Very funny, Kaleb," she snarled. It was probably some kind of tiktok Kaleb showed to piss her off. He just laughed it off and got back into his seat, shifting around on it until he was finally comfortable.

—————

"Alright, kids, we're finally here!" Walker's father announced, stopping the car.

"Finally!" Walker exclaimed, rushing out of the car.

"You intolerant chipmunk! You almost tripped me!" Leena said, running after him.

"Intolerant chipmunk?" I questioned, looking at Kaleb who simply shrugged, getting out of the car as well. I followed behind him, the breeze violently gushing over me almost immediately after, "Jeez, it's so windy,"

"Right? I thought I was the only one. Wait, Y/n, look!" He pointed towards the dandelion field nearby, the small pappus from the dandelions crowding together in the air due to the wind.

"Woah," I gaped, "Come on! We've got to catch up with Leena and Walker anyway," I snatched my brother's wrist and pulled him to the field.

"The cabin's to your right! Don't get lost!" My mother yelled, the two of us running downhill, chasing after the other pair of siblings. We ran after the two, Walker running way faster than Leena, leaving her miles away from him.

"Hey," Kaleb said once we passed her.

"Douche! Get my brother back!" she stopped, hands on her knees, panting.

"Y/n, can you get Walker back?" Kaleb asked, but before I could give him my response, he simply patted my shoulder and jogged towards Leena. I've always thought Kaleb had feelings for Leena, but he's just got this sibling bond with her, upsetting to say the least. I groaned and ran after Walker, which wasn't too far away considering he'd stopped and started walking back towards the three of us.

"You drained out your sister, congratulations," I complained after he finally came back.

"Not my fault she was about to strangle me," Walker said before sitting on the ground, dandelions getting into his mouth because of how tall they were. I giggled as he tried spitting them out onto the floor, "Why are these so tall,"

"I don't know, maybe you're just too short," I sat down next to him, the dandelions tickling my face all over.

"Am not! Have you seen yourself?"

"Oh shut up," I nudged, I looked back to see Leena and Kaleb taking selfies, "They're taking pictures for insta again,"

"And making tiktoks too," he added in agreement, "I don't blame them though, it's a great place for pictures,"

"It's a dandelion field, what do you expect," Just then, I saw Walker's face light up, a cheeky smirk scarring his face. He plucked a bunch of dandelions from the grass and before I knew it, he blew a dozen dandelions into my face, the pappus getting into my hair.

"Walker!" I yelled. He started laughing which made me push him down onto the ground, Walker wincing before laughing all over again.

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry, it was funny anyway,"

"It's funny until you were shoved to the ground," I chuckled, gazing into his eyes before plucking a dandelion.

"Here," I said, handing him the dandelion, "Make a wish," he took it and closed his eyes, smiling at himself before blowing the dandelion until all the pappus on the dandelion disappeared.

"What did you wish for?" I asked in curiosity.

"If I told you, it wouldn't come true,"

—————

A/N:
this one is one of the shorter ones but one of my friend's favourite's (I let her proof read my stuff before I post them) so I hope you liked it! "It's simple but such a good idea at the same time oml" - my friend's exact words - Raven

words = 808