Extra 1

Sunghoon’s pre-heat symptoms, contrary to Heeseung’s pre-rut which started only a day or two before his actual rut, started a week before his heat. It was safe to say no one expected it at the dorm. No one even realised at first.

At first it was just him being touchier with Heeseung. He’d lean closer to him when they talked. He’d naturally place himself somewhere near Heeseung when they were at practice. He’d hold Heeseung’s hand when walking. Everyone just assumed Sunghoon was becoming more open with their relationship. Heeseung was not about to complain.

No one saw it coming; it was the middle of the week, Heeseung was talking calmly with Jake, Sunghoon hanging off of his arm. Something everyone had gotten used to after a day of Sunghoon being stuck by Heeseung's side. Jake stopped in the middle of his sentence as he saw how Sunghoon moved to kiss Heeseung’s cheek. Heeseung looked as surprised as Jake, but they both just shook their head and kept talking.

The kisses didn’t stop, through the day, Heeseung had gotten more kisses than in the past month, probably. He wasn’t counting, and he honestly didn’t mind. Everyone else was a bit uncomfortable with it but since it was pretty innocent, they let them be. If Jay and Sunoo were honest, they found it kind of cute. Sunoo might have taken his hyung’s initiative and stole a couple of kisses from Niki, making the young alpha blush each time.

Heeseung took it in stride, all the affection Sunghoon was pouring on him. He was enjoying it, even if he did get flustered a couple of times when Sunghoon was particularly bold and kissed him on the lips in front of everyone.

They realised Sunghoon was in pre-heat when they saw the giant nest Sunghoon had made on Heeseung’s bed. It was pretty much their bed at this point, with how often they slept together in it; Sunghoon still had his own, though mostly unused, bed. Heeseung didn’t even seem to mind he only had a couple of clothes left to wear.

Then again, Heeseung indulged Sunghoon in any and every way he could. Which included, to everyone else’s torment, letting Sunghoon sit on his lap while they ate and hand feed him. It came to the point where Sunghoon was pressed against Heeseung’s side at all times. They’d eat together, sleep together, shower together. Probably did more than just showering together. In the last day or so, Sunghoon had started random make out session, not caring for anyone around them. The only consolation anyone had was that at least they didn’t do anything more than make out in front of them.

And so, that’s how Jay found them in the living room. Heeseung was sitting on the sofa, watching some random drama on the television, while Sunghoon rested his head on his lap, completely asleep. Jay looked at them and normally it’d be cute, but he had seen the same thing through the week and he was tired. Also, he was pretty sure they’d been in that same position for at least two hours.

“Hyung, I know you can’t say no to him, but do you even still feel your legs?” Jay asked as softly as he could to not wake up Sunghoon. He knew Heeseung would scold him if he did.

“Well… no,” Heeseung admitted, “but it doesn’t matter.”

“Maybe just… toned it down a bit?” Jay asked, “I know he’s close to his heat, but the rest of us don’t need to see all that.”

“But he’s so adorable,” Heeseung started running his fingers through Sunghoon’s hair, who only sighed in his sleep and cuddled closer to Heeseung.

“I know, I know, you’ve said so a hundred times already,” Jay sighed. “Listen, I’m sure we can move him without waking him up.” Jay tried to get his hand under Sunghoon’s head, but as soon as he got closer Heeseung growled at him. Low and threatening. Jay froze and so did Heeseung.

Sunghoon whimpered as Heeseung had stopped caressing him, the tiny sound making Heeseung restart the motion immediately. Jay and Heeseung looked at each other in shock. Heeseung was slightly embarrassed he had reacted so extremely to something so simple.

“What was that?” Jay asked, still taken aback. Heeseung was hardly ever possessive, unless he was in his rut.

“I-” Heeseung wanted to say he was sorry, that he didn’t mean it. But he did mean it, and he probably would do it again if anyone tried to touch Sunghoon.

“Your rut is synced with Sunghoon’s heat, isn’t it?” Jay finally realised.

“Yes?”

“This is your first heat and rut together… as mates,” Jay said it while rubbing his eyes, it all made so much sense, he wanted to cry.

It took a second, but then Heeseung seemed to understand, “oh.”

“Okay, we’ll try to understand, just stop making out so much in front of us,” because there was nothing that could be done, their instincts wouldn’t let them do anything differently.

“Did you talk to them?” came Jungwon’s voice from the door.

“It’s their first cycle together as mates,” Jay answered back, defeat evident in his voice.

“Oh, oh, okay,” Jungwon walked closer, “I hate this, why did you have to mate?” he almost cried, “it’s probably worse since you did it both ways.”

“I didn’t think about that,” Heeseung admitted, “my rut will probably start tomorrow, though, so it’s just for a little longer.”

And that was some consolation, at least. Jay still thought they were cute, he just wished to have seen less of their tongues in each other’s mouths. The next morning Jay pretended not to see Heeseung groping Sunghoon’s ass as they had breakfast. He pretended he didn’t hear Sunghoon mewling every once in a while as Heeseung fed him. They’d been cute all week, he was going to ignore the last interaction they had before Heeseung’s rut and Sunghoon’s heat.

Jungwon had straight out left the room as soon as he saw where Heeseung’s hand was. Jake had stared at his food the entire time. Sunoo decided that if Sunghoon and Heeseung were going to be like that, so would he and Niki. Niki was a lot more flustered than Heeseung was, but that was most likely just because he wasn’t close to his rut.